putting 2gb page file on 8gb ram ok?

computernerd123

I am tight for space is this ok as it was on 8gb before and it is 2gb now as it said the recommended was 1.9gb? will this be ok

The page file goes on your hard disk, let it do its thing, dont mess with it.

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

I am tight for space is this ok as it was on 8gb before and it is 2gb now as it said the recommended was 1.9gb? will this be ok

yeah...don't worry. although my personal opinion is that if something is going to run out of memory it's better to just let it than have any ssd or hdd handle the ram's tasks

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

I have 8gb or ram , a ssd and a hdd , and i set it as 2gb on the hard drive . Since it's so rare that it uses it i'd rather it be slower once in a year than it use my ssd space or cycles

I have 8gb or ram , a ssd and a hdd , and i set it as 2gb on the hard drive . Since it's so rare that it uses it i'd rather it be slower once in a year than it use my ssd space or cycles

rare? pretty much everything goes through pagefile.sys

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

rare? pretty much everything goes through pagefile.sys

then i must have misunderstood how it works :/ 

Isn't it only needed when the ram is full

then i must have misunderstood how it works :/ 

Isn't it only needed when the ram is full

thats one of the uses, pagefile.sys caches stuff that will run on RAM, basically keeping ram clean if you have enough pagefile.sys size, basically lets say your ram is full and you launch an app, some portions of the app gets cached to there and when some of the apps on the ram gets cached to pagefile that app will be moved to ram,

TLDR: its a pre-ram cache.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18