2GB GTX 960 or R9 380

Simba
Go to solution Solved by comicsansms,

Get him to build it.

He will enjoy it more.

and get the R9 380!!!!

So here's the deal. My friend is buying a computer prebuilt from scan.co.uk.

He is stuck between the option of a 2GB EVGA GTX 960 or an R9 380 (with 4GB VRAM).

At the moment he is into World of Warcraft and DayZ but I believe he will be getting Triple-A games in the future. He prefers the Nvidia but will 2GB be enough for new Triple-A games?

And no... he can't get a 4GB 960. It's not part of the deal for some reason.

also 4gb is a fuckton better than any 2gb graphics card 

--_--

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

ill be the first to say it, BUILD IT FOR HIM

I've told him this but he doesn't have enough. It works out cheaper as scan sell it as part of a bundle.

-_- BUILD IT OR GET OUT

WE DONT APPRECIATE PRE BUILTS HERE

Very True

WEP9yWB.jpg

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I've told him this but he doesn't have enough. It works out cheaper as scan sell it as part of a bundle.

Doesnt have enough...

BAH

WHAT

ITS 2X MORE EXPENSIVE TO PRE BUILD

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

This is rhetorical.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

-_- BUILD IT OR GET OUT

Mentioned in my previous post, it works out more including Windows and peripherals and he simply doesn't have the money. 

I'll do my best to convince though. 

-_- BUILD IT OR GET OUT

Some of us have no problems with prebuilts, we have problems with the extra costs of prebuilts; Prebuilts are fine if they aren't wastes of money or overpriced.

OT: whats the price difference?

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Mentioned in my previous post, it works out more including Windows and peripherals and he simply doesn't have the money. 

if it's magically cheaper, then by all means get a prebuilt. is there a price diffrence between the GPUs?

how does one have enough money for a fuckn prebuild with a 380 4gb gpu but not enough for built??

Some of us have no problems with prebuilts, we have problems with the extra costs of prebuilts; Prebuilts are fine if they aren't wastes of money or overpriced.

OT: whats the price difference?

Yes true true. Its just overpriced prebuilts that i hate. We all hate them

omfg im cringing so hard

Cringe so real

I5DnO6V.jpg

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

You all just exploded at the word pre-built. I love it. 

I don't know the exact price difference but money is tight and it is slightly cheaper so it's easier. I think it works out around £70 cheaper. Might not sound a lot but; you know.

He's not getting it for a couple of weeks so I have time to persuade him.  Thanks for all your enthusiasm. 

Cringe so real

I5DnO6V.jpg

Pepe please don't do it.  :unsure:

So here's the deal. My friend is buying a computer prebuilt from scan.co.uk.

He is stuck between the option of a 2GB EVGA GTX 960 or an R9 380 (with 4GB VRAM).

At the moment he is into World of Warcraft and DayZ but I believe he will be getting Triple-A games in the future. He prefers the Nvidia but will 2GB be enough for new Triple-A games?

And no... he can't get a 4GB 960. It's not part of the deal for some reason.

j-just give us his budget and what pheriperials he needs

on topic: 380

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

j-just give us his budget and what pheriperials he needs

on topic: 380

I don't know the figures because he's currently asleep. However he needs the cheapest possible PC which includes a GTX 960 (Or similar spec GPU) and a CPU which will not bottleneck it. However it all needs to be from scan.co.uk as he is using their buy now - pay later system. If any of you could create a PCPartPicker list that would be helpful as I could send that and it might convince him to change from prebuilt. 

If you want exact figures I can post them tomorrow morning GMT. 

Thanks to anyone who decides to help. 

I don't know the figures because he's currently asleep. However he needs the cheapest possible PC which includes a GTX 960 (Or similar spec GPU) and a CPU which will not bottleneck it. However it all needs to be from scan.co.uk as he is using their buy now - pay later system. If any of you could create a PCPartPicker list that would be helpful as I could send that and it might convince him to change from prebuilt. 

If you want exact figures I can post them tomorrow morning GMT. 

Thanks to anyone who decides to help. 

i'm gonna make a decent system now but quote me again when you know the exact figure

if he needs windows just get him a license from reddit for $15

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

You all just exploded at the word pre-built. I love it. 

I don't know the exact price difference but money is tight and it is slightly cheaper so it's easier. I think it works out around £70 cheaper. Might not sound a lot but; you know.

He's not getting it for a couple of weeks so I have time to persuade him.  Thanks for all your enthusiasm. 

Pepe please don't do it.  :unsure:

here it is

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£139.80 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus H81M-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£40.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£40.06 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£259.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.70 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £616.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-30 04:00 BST+0100
if this is over his budget, the first thing to cut down is the gpu. from a 970 to a r9 380
the second thing would be the cpu, from i5 to i3 or to pentium g3258
and the last thing to cut down would be the ssd