DUAL CORE VS DUAL PENTIUM

So I had work with my dual pentium since i buy my pc, its a bit old (2006) and recently I manage to get a core 2 Duo so what you think people will i see a gain in performance?( I know Core 2 Duo is more powerful Than Dual Pentium, so I want to know what you guys think :3)

post-250091-0-85961600-1440882073.jpg

post-250091-0-48114100-1440886176.png

Pentium @ 3.06 GHz at 1.10 V and Core 2 @ 2.4 GHz at 1.88 V 

xD

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

So I had work with my dual pentium since i buy my pc, its a bit old (2006) and recently I manage to get a core 2 Duo so what you think people will i see a gain in performance?( I know Core 2 Duo is more powerful Than Dual Pentium, so I want to know what you guys think :3)

You went from 45 nm to 65 nm....

Never go 65 nm.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Pentium @ 3.06 GHz at 1.10 V and Core 2 @ 2.4 GHz at 1.88 V 

xD

1,188 V... at 1,88 V it'd be pretty hot...

This is a signature.

1,188 V... at 1,88 V it'd be pretty hot...

lol made a mistake

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I, personally, think you'll see a performance decrease.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

you got a worse cpu in every possible way Pentium ftw

I think the pentium will actually be faster, given that the pentium is based on a newer architecture, features more transistors and has a higher clock speed.

stay with the pent.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Let me see. That E4600 has a lower clock speed and is on 65nm, as for the Pentium, its a newer CPU and clocked far higher. I'd use the Pentium over the Core 2 Duo.

Edit: Rule of thumb, Wolfdale is always better than Conroe at the same clockspeed.

Edit 2: If it was a Pentium T3200 (65nm) and a Core 2 Duo T7600 (65nm) then I'd say go with the Core 2 Duo as in that case the Core 2 Duo is actually better.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-E6600-vs-Intel-Core2-Duo-E4600

Pentium.

It's pretty obvious. The pentium has a newer process and is clocked much higher.

That's a terrible site, please never use it again.

"CPUBoss is not aware of any important advantages of the Core2 Duo E4600 vs the Pentium E6600."

*I just make a incredible fucking dishonorable FACEPALM* 

Oh you posted the wrong image. Yes the E8400 is definitely better than either of the 2 previous CPU.

PMSL

Lol, is that i got this friend , that " he felt core 2 duo was better" than my wolfdale e6600, and I was like dude.. so i run a bencmark one with the Core 2 Duo and one with the BEAUTIFUL BEAST wolfdale e6600, and guess what as you all now Wolfdale won :3. By the way my pentium is OC.

Lol, is that i got this friend , that " he felt core 2 duo was better" than my wolfdale e6600, and I was like dude.. so i run a bencmark one with the Core 2 Duo and one with the BEAUTIFUL BEAST wolfdale e6600, and guess what as you all now Wolfdale won :3. By the way my pentium is OC.

What motherboard do you have? Because if possible its worth looking at a Xeon X5*** (socket 771) and a socket mod (it needs to be a quad core Xeon).

PMSL

No, dude I got a pretty standard MOBO, Is a G41D3C, The most that i can get to this Pc is A quad (lga775)

No, dude I got a pretty standard MOBO, Is a G41D3C, The most that i can get to this Pc is A quad (lga775)

Damn that actually manages to put my P5K-VM to shame. (I killed it with a Pentium 4 at 2.2V it was that bad compared to even my socket 370 motherboards, I kind of broke through the voltage limit).

PMSL

Yeah the most that i Got from my Wolfdale was 3.08 which was stable but it was getting really hot, so I went Back to 3.07 .

Yeah the most that i Got from my Wolfdale was 3.08 which was stable but it was getting really hot, so I went Back to 3.07 .

I wouldn't be pushing any CPU far on that motherboard-its 2 phase VRM is really weak.

PMSL

No but now is on 3.07 and its stable I make some stress workout on it and the system didnt crash. Also Temperatures are decent 30-40 Working - 45-57 Heavy Gaming :3

You have that E8400 running at 4Ghz?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

there was a time that intel didn't lock their processor

at this point, both doesn't matter (or even at release, I don't think it was ever matter)

All dual core and core 2 duo on LGA 775 is so easy to overclock (ofcourse unless your motherboard doesnt have that feature)

that was their mistake and they redeem that success by locking their future releases.

You have that E8400 running at 4Ghz?

TBH its quite easy for any Wolfdale CPU to hit 4GHz. On only a 2 Phase VRM however....yeah that surprised me.

PMSL

TBH its quite easy for any Wolfdale CPU to hit 4GHz. On only a 2 Phase VRM however....yeah that surprised me.

I saw that in CPU-Z and got jelious cause my E8400 won't overclock worth a damn, still a great CPU non of the less :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City