DUAL CORE VS DUAL PENTIUM

there was a time that intel didn't lock their processor

at this point, both doesn't matter (or even at release, I don't think it was ever matter)

All dual core and core 2 duo on LGA 775 is so easy to overclock (ofcourse unless your motherboard doesnt have that feature)

that was their mistake and they redeem that success by locking their future releases.

They aren't locked as such, Intel decided to go back in time to the 90's where everything ran off the 1 clock. Even my Abit VP6 has 2 seperate clock generators, and you can set the RAM to run off the CPU's clock generator (66-175MHz) or off the PCI clock generator (66MHz).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I am about to pick up a Xeon X3220 to see how that compares to my Q6600, can't get enough of these 775 systems :D

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I am about to pick up a Xeon X3220 to see how that compares to my Q6600, can't get enough of these 775 systems :D

I've given up on my Xeon after it froze for the 3rd time while folding (and thus disabling the shared internet connection that my i5 rig needs for folding since I've only got 1 PCIe wireless card (in my main rig), and I have a PCI wireless card for my older motherboards.).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've given up on my Xeon after it froze for the 3rd time while folding (and thus disabling the shared internet connection that my i5 rig needs for folding since I've only got 1 PCIe wireless card (in my main rig), and I have a PCI wireless card for my older motherboards.).

Yea I still have yet to try the 771 mod, this X3220 is 775 so no need for modding, will throw it in my intel dq35joe and see how it performs. Might dedicate it to folding with the chrome client. My Evga 780i board just died so i'm still in morning with that :(

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City