Screen Green and Red after Windows 10

Mohammad Al-Abbas

Hello!

I wanted to ask for help regarding this weird problem I have been having.

I recently bought a new laptop (my first laptop, I have been a desktop type my entire life, so pardon my ignorance when it comes to laptop configurations)

The laptop is a Lenovo Y50 with an Nvidia GTX 960 4GB ddr5 and an Intel 4800, so two graphic cards.

Now I downloaded and installed Windows 10 for it and the laptop ran for 2 days without problems. However, recently I have been having Green lines and sometimes texture smearing and the words remaining in a chat box even after I sent them and change in color to redish green hue then changes back into normal and sometimes I get black lines running thought the screen for some odd reason.

I suspect it's a VGA problem, but I contacted Windows 10 Support who explained that the problem is with having two gpus that are not syncing with the windows 10 and that this problem has occurred with several people. They also uninstalled the Intel drivers and the weird lines stopped happening, but the text seems fuzzy.

I am unsure if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. I could return it and get a replacement and I already ordered one, but it's for when the new one gets here, what should I do for it?

Thanks for reading!

Hello!

I recently bought a new laptop (my first laptop, I have been a desktop type my entire life, so pardon my ignorance when it comes to laptop configurations)

The laptop is a Lenovo Y50 with an Nvidia GTX 960 4GB ddr5 and an Intel 4800, so two graphic cards.

Now I downloaded and installed Windows 10 for it and the laptop ran for 2 days without problems. However, recently I have been having Green lines and sometimes texture smearing and the words remaining in a chat box even after I sent them and change in color to redish green hue then changes back into normal and sometimes I get black lines running thought the screen for some odd reason.

I suspect it's a VGA problem, but I contacted Windows 10 Support who explained that the problem is with having two gpus that are not syncing with the windows 10 and that this problem has occurred with several people. They also uninstalled the Intel drivers and the weird lines stopped happening, but the text seems fuzzy.

I am unsure if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. I could return it and get a replacement and I already ordered one, but it's for one the new one gets here, what should I do for it?

Thanks for reading!

This is a 100% driver issue.  I'm going to assume that you did a upgrade install?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Yes I upgraded my Nvidia GTX's, but the 4800 has been stuck on its update and not installing.

Yes I also did the windows 10 upgrade install and not a fresh one.

Edited by Mohammad Al-Abbas

So it won't void my current activation key?

No. As long as the PC you are installing it on has previously had Windows 10 activated it will recognise your hardware and activate automatically. Just skip the activation key when you are asked for it in the install.

Hello!

I am unsure if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. I could return it and get a replacement and I already ordered one, but it's for when the new one gets here, what should I do for it?

Thanks for reading!

I helped someone earlier who had an similar issue. See for refrence: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/438941-always-having-to-reinstall-gpu-driver-on-my-sager-np8672-laptop-for-every-reboot/?p=5885768

Dual graphics setups are a bit finicky to say the least. Follow the instructions in the post I shared, just make sure to download the proper Intel iGPU drivers. Your's is the 4800, not the 4600 series like in that other thread.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I helped someone earlier who had an similar issue. See for refrence: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/438941-always-having-to-reinstall-gpu-driver-on-my-sager-np8672-laptop-for-every-reboot/?p=5885768

Dual graphics setups are a bit finicky to say the least. Follow the instructions in the post I shared, just make sure to download the proper Intel iGPU drivers. Your's is the 4800, not the 4600 series like in that other thread.

I see, but thing is I already ripped the IGPU's drivers, and if I remove the disable and remove the Nvidia wouldn't it go blank? or will it switch to the intel even though no drivers are present, since I really know nothing about intel integrated graphic cards or how they function

I see, but thing is I already ripped the IGPU's drivers, and if I remove the disable and remove the Nvidia wouldn't it go blank? or will it switch to the intel even though no drivers are present, since I really know nothing about intel integrated graphic cards or how they function

Can you still see the iGPU in Device manager?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Can you still see the iGPU in Device manager?

So I got an entirely new Lenovo y50 and I am yet to update it to windows 10 any recommendations on what to do?