Which 980 Ti model to get?

GER_T4IGA

When do you reach 70% fan speed? What are your in-game temps when at 70 fan speed?

I have an aggressive fan curve set up, so I hit 70% fan speed at 65 degrees. Obviously you can change it but the fan starts to get really annoying at 70%. The reason my curve is so aggressive is because its hot as hell in my room and my card will heat up to 78 degrees if I don't have that curve.

I have an aggressive fan curve set up, so I hit 70% fan speed at 65 degrees. Obviously you can change it but the fan starts to get really annoying at 70%. The reason my curve is so aggressive is because its hot as hell in my room and my card will heat up to 78 degrees if I don't have that curve.

MSi 980Ti is so quiet I can barely hear it at 85% above my Corsair AF120's

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I recommend the card i own for 3 Reasons.

1.extreme fast

2.quiet

3.cool

And its looks badass, which is a matter of taste though.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Can I hire you to constantly explain my statements if these debates come up?

sometimes its mindblowing how some people on forums think.

i remember making a post on an other forum about building my rig back in the day, explicitly stating i'm from belgium, and all parts would come from a specific store.

what i got was douzens of rants about how they cant check said store because it was in dutch, followed up by a build in USD, that was mindblowingly over budget.

sometimes its mindblowing how some people on forums think.

i remember making a post on an other forum about building my rig back in the day, explicitly stating i'm from belgium, and all parts would come from a specific store.

what i got was douzens of rants about how they cant check said store because it was in dutch, followed up by a build in USD, that was mindblowingly over budget.

Nobody follows this thread and you seem to be the one who cared most about all this therefore I am quoting you... So at least you know what I read until now.

It seems the inno3d version is the quietest of all the air cooled models. The test sample had the second highest performance rating(synthetic an games) among the air coolers and the 3rd highest overall. The quietness of this card though... Must be insane. And the fans seem to have a lot of headroom for cooling if more is needed. When benching got to 72 degrees Celsius at only 1.1 sone loudness and 35 percent fanspeed. Competitors were at: Zotac 68C, 2.8 sone, 52% fanspeed; MSI 73C, 2.2 Sone, 61% fanspeed; Gigabyte 75C, 3.5 Sone, 64% fanspeed...

And that while the inno3d is at least 50€ cheaper than all of those and also turboing to a good 1455MHz.

Some downsides: triple slot cooler with a backplate, Voltage regulation gets very hot, only 2 year warranty.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

If i had the money i would go for EVGA 980Ti hybrid.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler

If i had the money i would go for EVGA 980Ti hybrid.

That one was on my mind to but well you've read about my desires and problems with other cards therefore you might know why it is not my first option. It is looking pretty nice though.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Any 3 fan GPU will suit for your need.

Something like:

Gigabyte G1

Zotec AMP!/AMP Extreme/Omega or whatever they name it. Just not hybrid.

EVGA Hybrid also a good choice. They are not loud at all, specially compare to air cooled ones.

The pump are not loud at all. You probably hear you fan noise over the pump.

1st Gen Fury X pump have problem, so they release the 2nd version of that pump.

That one was on my mind to but well you've read about my desires and problems with other cards therefore you might know why it is not my first option. It is looking pretty nice though.

Its the perfect option for me, should i ever get the cash together.

Not into/experienced/cashflow for custom water cooling.

The hybrid would be cool, fast and quiet- from what i have seen. About the Gigabyte G1, I have a windforce 780 and i can tell you anything above 60% fan speed...its just lucky i use headphones most of the time.

Plus if heat is a concern for you the hybrid has the benefit of not exhausting into your case.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler

G1 is very loud, but very powerful. Not recommended.

Acx 2.0 is really bad cooler (too far silence optimized) not recommended.

The msi twin frozer is a very good all around card but isn't the best at anything.

The asus dc 3.0 is shit, they have shit customer support and massive qc issues atm. Not recommended.

The zotac models are very powerful, but huge. I mean completely massive. If you can deal with the size and looks they are probably the best cards to buy for the price (amp extreme), but their design isn't for everyone.

Palit is similar to the msi offering with a different design. It's a perfectly fine card but again only if the design works for you.

The galax cards are again pretty darn good, but particular look and harder to get your hands on.

Basically get the card that matches your build best avoiding the following cards:

Asus

G1 gaming (I understand lots of people here like them but I can't recommend.)

All of evga's acx 2.0 non-premium coolers. (Aka only go for them for classy, kpn, hybrid but those are quite a premium.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

G1 is very loud, but very powerful. Not recommended.

Acx 2.0 is really bad cooler (too far silence optimized) not recommended.

The msi twin frozer is a very good all around card but isn't the best at anything.

The asus dc 3.0 is shit, they have shit customer support and massive qc issues atm. Not recommended.

The zotac models are very powerful, but huge. I mean completely massive. If you can deal with the size and looks they are probably the best cards to buy for the price (amp extreme), but their design isn't for everyone.

Palit is similar to the msi offering with a different design. It's a perfectly fine card but again only if the design works for you.

The galax cards are again pretty darn good, but particular look and harder to get your hands on.

Basically get the card that matches your build best avoiding the following cards:

Asus

G1 gaming (I understand lots of people here like them but I can't recommend.)

All of evga's acx 2.0 non-premium coolers. (Aka only go for them for classy, kpn, hybrid but those are quite a premium.)

Thx, btw directCU 3 still has no heat spreader for the memory #WTFASUS ?!??

You haven't said anything about the inno3d cards. Do you simple not know they exist or just don't know about the performance? Because their card seem to be a really good option too.

3.Use

My birthday is on october 5th. Money is not a problem (btu a titan is just a waste to me) therefore I am looking at different custom designs of the 980 Ti.

I currently have a MSI 770 TWINFROZR.

I am not a fanboy of a particular brand . I am just looking for best performance paired with best cooling.

My current card is in games at max RPM all the time to keep it below 70 as I desire.

So what I am looking for is probably more like the quietest 980 Ti instead of the best performing since they are probably all pretty similar in perf... but also doesn't cooler temps mean more clock speed with GPUBoost 2.0? I am just not sure since I am rocking GPUBoost 1 still.

If had a glance at the 980 ti Hybrid from EVGA but I am not sure if it is worth it. Is it really that quiet, nothing like the pump noise the Fury X has? Are the super cool temps e,g Jayztwocents gets resulting inbetter performance(he said 50°C under load). I just ... can'T write everything down but I hope I expressed my concerns wishes and thoughs precisely enough that you guys can help me.

What model would you reccommend? How many and whoch models are there? -Seems to be only a few different ones :/ (?!) Why that card and maybe some benchmarks?(haven't found any good comparison of multiple models yet.

I had the same Hybrid vs Aircooler choice to make.  After a long time looking online at the EVGA and other forums and video reviews I decided the sloshing sound issue was too widespread.  Also any water-cooling makes a pump noise all the time it will never be totally silent. 

I would recommend the EVGA Classified 980ti . This time the price is only £20 above the standard SC version.  As an air cooler it has 0rpm fan mode when its below 60c so its completely silent for anything but demanding gaming.  Even when the fans turn on they turn on super low because of the ridiculously large heatsink.  It hits 1390 MHz boost out of the box with no overclock and runs games at that very very quietly (I can't hear it) with temps around 60c.

Plus EVGA have an amazing warranty which is transferable so you add value when you want to sell as you can sell it with a warranty.

I bought the g1 gaming, they are not bad at all.