Should I enable comments on my website?

Comments can often detract from the overall level of quality of a website, but can also provide a community base, and a reason for people to return, if they so engage. It's likely going to be up to you whether or not you believe your community will have a positive or negative affect on your site.

Comments can often detract from the overall level of quality of a website, but can also provide a community base, and a reason for people to return, if they so engage. It's likely going to be up to you whether or not you believe your community will have a positive or negative affect on your site.

Thank you for your input! I'm just stuck for choice really. Maybe I'll do a trial run?

Well if you are going to allow comments, you need moderators as well, keep that in mind.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Have to say that, that is one of the nicest looking tech sites I have seen, and very detailed reviews.

If you do enable comments I suggest getting some people to moderate them, as you will get bots and trolls comment.   Could try something like allow comments on recent articles and lock comments on articles that are older than 7 days.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Thank you for your input! I'm just stuck for choice really. Maybe I'll do a trial run?

Yes, a trial run could work well. Just don't make it public. Enable them in the shadows (don't let people know) and see how it plays out for a month. or so. If you tell people "NEW! Comments Section now live!" they will feel more obligated to use it, and their comments will most likely be along the lines of "New comment system, hi" than anything constructive or anything that contributes to the article at hand. After a month, see if it gets any use, and if the comments are more positive, or more negative.

Basically what Marcus_UK said

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Have to say that, that is one of the nicest looking tech sites I have seen, and very detailed reviews.

If you do enable comments I suggest getting some people to moderate them, as you will get bots and trolls comment.   Could try something like allow comments on recent articles and lock comments on articles that are older than 7 days.

Thank you for your opinion! Very valued  :D Yes I will look into mods and thanks for the suggestion too that's a great idea.

I run a website with a yearly viewing of around 2 million - I have disabled comments since the start. How would it affect the audience if I enabled comments through a Disqus-type system? My website is here.

I'm sure that you can Set "approve these comments" in your admin settings.

EDIT: I recognize that you're using wordpress. It depends on what widget you're using. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I run a website with a yearly viewing of around 2 million - I have disabled comments since the start. How would it affect the audience if I enabled comments through a Disqus-type system? My website is here.

personally, i would make my own commenting system, and have filters, to try and remove bots, links, and certain words.

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}