Razer NZXT S340 for $99, huh...

GriggsCK

https://store.nzxt.com/products/s340-designed-by-razer?utm_source=Hubspot&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=S340RZ&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_GWzcH6zdspNSKy1vFGCZsG0ePL8hWqxWECOJyLvcdKiGRuVwK0Lw0wGFzOaTPyVa9a51juYnJqU94VPrd5p51E-Teaw&_hsmi=21541771

A while back I saw some posts about NZXT and Razer create some new stuff again. I thought it will be the S340. I received email from NZXT today and here it is. 2 extra Razer logos for $20 more? What do you guys think. I'm a Razer fan but I think this is a little too expensive. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Razer...

just stop

just no.

we will not pay $20 more for a logo on a BUDGET case 

I think it's decently cool, though it's a steep price for a case that still has one of the worst side panel windows out there in terms of durability.

That and I want the matte black/red S340. That, a GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 and another G1 GTX 960 and I'm set.

Razer...
just stop
just no.
we will not pay $20 more for a logo on a BUDGET case

The price is set by NZXT, they're the one building and selling it and they're the ones that expect it to sell at the higher premium.

And there are some nice little things, the LED logo on the front and the underglow add costs to manufacturing. Obviously not $20, but then again it would cost someone more in time and tools to do that to the case themselves (that being adding the logo, the underglow is just a couple of sticky LED strips.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I think it's decently cool, though it's a steep price for a case that still has one of the worst side panel windows out there in terms of durability.

That and I want the matte black/red S340. That, a GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 and another G1 GTX 960 and I'm set.

Yeah, the price is a little off as we can get something like Enthoo pro in this range. I personally want a Matte black/orange version, thought matte black/blue is not bad too. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Yeah, the price is a little off as we can get something like Enthoo pro in this range. I personally want an Matte black/orange version, thought matte black/blue is not bad too. 

The only thing I think I will be doing to mine when I buy one is replacing the window with an MNPCTech panel. It's like $30, but at least for the extra $30 I'm getting a real improvement to the case.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm sure some Razer fanboys will get it.

This one is $50 more than the regular h440

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/149-h440-razer-edition-mid-tower.html

yeah, this case got me excited but it is too damn expensive. 

The price is set by NZXT, they're the one building and selling it and they're the ones that expect it to sell at the higher premium.

And there are some nice little things, the LED logo on the front and the underglow add costs to manufacturing. Obviously not $20, but then again it would cost someone more in time and tools to do that to the case themselves (that being adding the logo, the underglow is just a couple of sticky LED strips.)

Remember its a colab, They both had to agree on a price (most likely $70/30) so they get the price that the case costs w/o  the branding on it and Razer gets the cut from letting them  use the NZXT use the logo 

The only thing I think I will be doing to mine when I buy one is replacing the window with an MNPCTech panel. It's like $30, but at least for the extra $30 I'm getting a real improvement to the case.

Seems like a pretty panel.  

I just bought mine -_- ... Kinda annoyed cause I might have bought this depending on price. No, I'm not a razer fan boy, (I don't own anything razer) I just think it looks cool :)

EDIT: Just had a look at the prices for the NZXT S340 on the american site, you guys get it WAY cheaper! I payed £55 ($86 according to google) for my S340 in white about a week ago of amazon!  :angry:

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

matte on h440 ;)

That's something you can easily mod yourself. Stick a razer sticker in the front and some green LED in the bottom. Cost? Just a extra 8-15 dollars at best.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hasn't this case been out for a while though?  I remember seeing it and wanting to do a  Razer Themed build with it :P  It had to have been like in March February that I saw it.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

My side panel still looks perfectly fine, like new, because I take care of my stuff unlike some people...

The MNPCT side panel is a good upgrade though for people who arent so careful

This razer case though is very similar to the H440 version with ambient lighting, matching colours, accents, and other stuff

Its not just two logos

The razer H440 was quite successful which is why I suppose they are doing the same to the S340

Personally not my colour scheme but I can think of a bunch of people who would like to own one

And the increase in price is for razer's cut I suppose as well

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hasn't this case been out for a while though?  I remember seeing it and wanting to do a  Razer Themed build with it :P  It had to have been like in March February that I saw it.

Maybe you're thinking of the razer H440?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My side panel still looks perfectly fine, like new, because I take care of my stuff unlike some people...

The MNPCT side panel is a good upgrade though for people who arent so careful

Well, it's mentioned it can be scratched very easily by Linus and Dmitry. So not entirely the user's fault, you might scratch even when you are careful. Linus mentioned in this review.

It's the H440, this is S340. Kinda confusing at first, I almost typed H440 when I made this post. 

Never saw the s340 that is damn good budget case!  the H440 reminds me of a supermicro case xD

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

I remember back in the day I constantly confused NZXT with NCIX xD lol

The whole thing is steel I'd say that's a damn good deal for a budget case my mind is literally blown right now xD

The whole thing is steel I'd say that's a damn good deal for a budget case my mind is literally blown right now xD

It is good, and it hide cable so well, dayum. 

It is good, and it hide cable so well, dayum. 

I see you have a Pentium, you know you could probably sell that chip for like 50 USD and get an i5 which is pretty good but man I wish I had your money lol I want to build a PC so bad and I'm thinking of just putting like PC components on my B-day list and Xmas list xD I may even have to sacrifice getting a DAC/AMP because I can't just pull dat Schiit out of a hat.  Lol I hope someone gets my DAC pun