Unofficial LTT Community Videos Is Dead :(

I'd like to continue to stress that EVERYONE that uploads content that needs to be editted on the ftp server, and all editors that want to edit videos, please report to -snip- and punch in all the necessary information under the day you will have the video uploaded. As progress continues, you will indicate whether or not you are the the task under the video, all up until the "uploaded?" cell.

Be careful with posting public links to our docs, they are publicly editable...

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Be careful with posting public links to our docs, they are publicly editable...

About to leave to go to the gym now, but when I get back I'll probably do something about the doc later. For the time being I doubt anyone would really try to mess around with our pretty much empty doc, and Google conveniently holds backups of every change to the spreadsheet as well.

New video is up!

One of the best so far.  

Nice work everyone who was involved!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

No hope for your video? =l

"so far". ;)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

No hope for your video? =l

probably should've asked earlier but if i make a video and upload it to the ftp server am i able to upload the video to my own channel(i would do my own edits for it though)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

probably should've asked earlier but if i make a video and upload it to the ftp server am i able to upload the video to my own channel(i would do my own edits for it though)

I'm really not sure about this. I'm going to have to ask some other guys to chime in for me, but the main idea is to have original content only on our channel. That means no straight up just pulling videos off of personal channels and throwing the intro/outro animations and uploading them to our channel. In this case, where it's not being pulled off of your personal channel but rather being uploaded the same time to both channels, it's a bit of a different story. Can't say for sure if that's allowed. Although, do keep in mind that for uploading the vid to our channel you get a big shout out to you and your channel. Links will be in the cards and in the description.

Also, the editting is pretty much done on your H440 mod, vivilacqua

I'm really not sure about this. I'm going to have to ask some other guys to chime in for me, but the main idea is to have original content only on our channel. That means no straight up just pulling videos off of personal channels and throwing the intro/outro animations and uploading them to our channel. In this case, where it's not being pulled off of your personal channel but rather being uploaded the same time to both channels, it's a bit of a different story. Can't say for sure if that's allowed. Although, do keep in mind that for uploading the vid to our channel you get a big shout out to you and your channel. Links will be in the cards and in the description.

ok

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

New video is up!

That has to be one of our best videos yet :o damn

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Can i try and re-make the logo?

which one?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

which one?

Most likely I think he's referring to our youtube channel logo. We kind of need a name change anyway because we've been kind of asked to think of another name for our group.

High designers. Can any of you make me a 1080p back drop for a video? It has to say ' Top 5 Reasons To Root Android.

New video is up!

yay!

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Is this anygood?E9mYZIv.png

is Google for or against rooting?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

Should I buy a U8 smart watch off ebay for 13 USD and do a review on it? Would that video be good for the channel? If not I wont buy it. already have a pebble steel. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Welp. Tomorrow I will get a air compression can. I will do a vid of taking ALL Of 3 months of dust buildup(WHICH IS BAD WITHOUT THAT DUST FILTER). But  This video won't exactly be scripted xD. It will be more of a vlogish type video. 

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Welp. Tomorrow I will get a air compression can. I will do a vid of taking ALL Of 3 months of dust buildup(WHICH IS BAD WITHOUT THAT DUST FILTER). But  This video won't exactly be scripted xD. It will be more of a vlogish type video. 

Thats Cool :)

is Google for or against rooting?

They do allow apps on the play store that require root to work - but they don't allow apps that will root your phone for you.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Welp. Tomorrow I will get a air compression can. I will do a vid of taking ALL Of 3 months of dust buildup(WHICH IS BAD WITHOUT THAT DUST FILTER). But This video won't exactly be scripted xD. It will be more of a vlogish type video.

nice really interested

They do allow apps on the play store that require root to work - but they don't allow apps that will root your phone for you.

but if you where to root to get paid apps music and stuff for free that's not allowed?

We're not endorsing anything illegal here, agreeably rooting gives you better abilities and tools to get around paid systems etc in apps, getting paid apps for free does not require an android root. Also, who downloads music on their phone =l Rooting in the end provides a much better user experience assuming the user is willing to take the time to learn his way around the different but rather simple steps to stuff like improving battery life, overclocking(if you really want to on a passively cooled device), killing apps in sleep, etc.

Getting control over custom recoveries and custom roms is probably the first and best step to getting extra features not provided in the version of android that comes with the phone, along with system optimizations. Sometimes, companies are behind when a new version of android comes out and heading over to places like xda and androidforums, you will see devs possibly working and releasing the latest version before it comes to your specific device officially.