Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 Leak

ghostly65

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but a dota 2 player was touring the valve office and found news about Source 2 and Left 4 Dead 3 on a changelog. Here is a link to the article http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/left-4-dead-3-confirmed-during-valve-office-tour

I think this is very exciting news as I like the left 4 dead series and would welcome a third installment. What do you guys think?

No surprises that it's being worked on. People are expecting both L4D3 and HL3 to be the main launch titles with Source 2.0.

Personally curious to know how far along they are, and maybe their Gamescom appearance will reveal something.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2

4 - 3 + 2 = 3

finally....

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I don't know if I am willing to pay $60 for another Left 4 Dead. While number two was better, it was not another game, more of an expansion pack. If they actually make a new game then fine, but I doubt it,

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

well this is no fun... what are we gonna confirm now? is it too early to go for half life 4? :P

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

well this is no fun... what are we gonna confirm now? is it too early to go for half life 4? :P

HL3 isn't in this at all. Only L4D3 and Source 2.0 are mentioned.

Of course this means that Valve can now Count to 3. Let's see where that takes us.

Could you imagine if HL3 were available for digital pre-order? I bet it'd sell out in a day. /joke

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Of course this means that Valve can now Count to 3. Let's see where that takes us.

Could you imagine if HL3 were available for digital pre-order? I bet it'd sell out in a day. /joke

Yeah i get ya, but you see where i'm coming from! I doubt Valve would create a new engine and not carry on that series! :P

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

l4d3 is not confirmed. Quoting Gabe, L4D3 is a codename for Valve to cover up thier new Game which is being Developed under the new Source Engine 2. They said, that there is No HL3 or L4d3 planned yet, but it will come in the future.

My guess is: they jsut wanna telk shitz and screw us when they release Hl3 & L4d3 same time

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Clearly staged for marketing ;)

Here let me take you on a tour of this private developers section of the company.

Oh, and don't look at those several monitors placed precariously pointing at you. And definitely don't read or take pictures of it.... Oh look a someone dropped a penny, let me bend down and pick that up completely oblivious to what you are doing for five minutes.

Nothing is true until you hear it from the horse's mouth. How many times a week do we get some rumor of valve creating games? and yet they keep turning out to be just rumors of fake photoshopped photos. Valve rumors are becoming like end of the world theorists who will grab at any straw and then make up how true it is while trying to spread it around.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

l4d3 is not confirmed. Quoting Gabe, L4D3 is a codename for Valve to cover up thier new Game which is being Developed under the new Source Engine 2. They said, that there is No HL3 or L4d3 planned yet, but it will come in the future.

My guess is: they jsut wanna telk shitz and screw us when they release Hl3 & L4d3 same time

"Quoting Gabe" 

I don't see a quote. I see you claiming to quote him. Link?

Until then, I consider it L4D3.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

"Quoting Gabe" 

I don't see a quote. I see you claiming to quote him. Link?

Until then, I consider it L4D3.

I've read it on someones twitter, quoting him.. couldnt remember who it was..

I've read it on someones twitter, quoting him.. couldnt remember who it was..

So...

Half Life 3 confirmed?

† Christian Member †

I don't know if I am willing to pay $60 for another Left 4 Dead. While number two was better, it was not another game, more of an expansion pack. If they actually make a new game then fine, but I doubt it,

Personally, I found Left 4 Dead 1 a lot better. Competitively it was so much more 'organised' and not just constantly random the whole game.

Irrelevant though, curious to see some official notes.

So...

Half Life 3 confirmed?

Probably.. but its not being called Half-Life 3. It will probably released as "Half-Life 2 Episode 3" hence the story of HL2 is not done yet.