Help Me Choose My GPU!

YungGenjii

Ive been reading up on graphics cards and other pieces of computer hardware recently, and im not sure whether i should go for an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card. Obviously im looking for whatever one performs better in gaming. Any help/guidance on which brand and model to get would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you have a budget?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Ive been reading up on graphics cards and other pieces of computer hardware recently, and im not sure whether i should go for an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card. Obviously im looking for whatever one performs better in gaming. Any help/guidance on which brand and model to get would be appreciated.

Thanks!

What kind of budget do you have?

There are different recommendations for 200 dollars compared to 500..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks!

fanboy war incoming ...take cover!!!

(◑‿◐)

I have a budget of about $350-$400

R9 390 - above 1080p

GTX 970 - 1080p

R9 390

-More VRAM

GTX 970

-As fast as a 980 at 1080p when OC'd

R9 390

What's your current specs?

With $400 a GTX 970 or r9 390 makes sense.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Instead of just getting people to comment where theres a lot of different mixed opinions ill just do a strawpoll for which GPU i should get. Whatever has most votes shall be bought.

Poll:

http://strawpoll.me/5301632

Thanks!

You could just edit the post...

You could just edit the post...

Im new to this site sorry :/

What's your current specs?

With $400 a GTX 970 or r9 390 makes sense.

Im new to this site sorry :/

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

In that price range there are 2 cards that i can recommend:

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 390

They both perform the same at 1080p and higher resolutions really.

However the 390 has 8GB of Vram vs the 3.5GB of usable Vram on the 970 which might help "future proof" it.

If you purchase an Nvidia card now however, you will get a free digital voucher for Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain.

So its really up to you, at the moment they perform pretty much the same but the 970 might bump into some issues in the future due to only having 3.5GB of usable Vram.