Looking to buy a new headset

pepsimaxl

Hey guys, i soon need to get a new headset because my Tritton ax 180's isent doing the job for me anymore.

the headset i want is supposed to be for PC gaming.

i dont have a sound card but my MOBO (Asus z87-pro) has a built i sound thingy.

i was looking to get this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009VLRPCK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KA3650E30JEO

but not sure if it is good or not.

Maxium price: 250$

I would preefer: 150-200$

i heard wireless headsets are not very good for gaming so i think i should get a Cable one.

What do you guys suggest :D?

Get JBL.

Yup. If you're willing to shell out enough money you can get a pair of killer quality headphones and just get a clip-on mic for them.

Much better quality, probably more reliable, and just generally better overall I think. I wouldn't recommend gaming headsets much.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

spend it all on a headphone from a reputable headphone company like akg audio technica beyerdynamic shure or koss. 

big red flags should pop up if you see a company advertising their audio solutions as "gaming" headsets. 

look for a company that advertises soundstage rather than 5.1 or 7.1 emulation. 

spend it all on a headphone from a reputable headphone company like akg audio technica beyerdynamic shure or koss. 

big red flags should pop up if you see a company advertising their audio solutions as "gaming" headsets. 

look for a company that advertises soundstage rather than 5.1 or 7.1 emulation. 

I don't recommend AKG anymore, they just don't build their headphones like they use too. Even their 701's have suffered. 

This except with the audio technica ath m-50's.

I would get something other then a Xonar, there are better options out there that sound better. I.E. FiiO E07k, at which point he can use it with his phone too. 

I would get something other then a Xonar, there are better options out there that sound better. I.E. FiiO E07k, at which point he can use it with his phone too. 

Yes, the FiiO E07k would indeed be better. I have the old E7, and I hear the the new E07k is even better.

well i though about getting G930 (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375834367&sr=1-1&keywords=g930)

Since it is cheap and my friend got it and he likes it.

I dont really want to spend much money.

so 100$ for the g930, should i get it or not?

Not going to say no, but I would say there are much better options out there. 

Yes, the FiiO E07k would indeed be better. I have the old E7, and I hear the the new E07k is even better.

Sound the same, E07k just has more EQ controls, but any real audiophile will shoot down eq-ing in a second. 

Not going to say no, but I would say there are much better options out there. 

Ok what would you and other people watching this recommend?

Under 200$ and i need mic + headphones.

Ok what would you and other people watching this recommend?

Under 200$ and i need mic + headphones.

Already said it, M50's and a Zalman clip mic, will run about $170ish. But you won't regret it. If you want to stick to the $100 range, go with the M50's rival the Sony MDR 7506. Chances are, you know, or know about, some one that has professional used 7506's

Already said it, M50's and a Zalman clip mic, will run about $170ish. But you won't regret it. If you want to stick to the $100 range, go with the M50's rival the Sony MDR 7506. Chances are, you know, or know about, some one that has professional used 7506's

could you give me link :D?

how many speakers does the headset have? like 2.1 5.1 7.1.

and im not sure about getting this, i kinda want a headset w/ mic.

For some reason i dont like this one :S

how many speakers does the headset have? like 2.1 5.1 7.1.

and im not sure about getting this, i kinda want a headset w/ mic.

For some reason i dont like this one :S

Its a stereo headset (2 4cm drivers) Any stereo headphone/set can do surround sound. I will only ever recommend a stereo headphone because a stereo headphone will always just sound that much better. 

In terms of comfort, the pleather pads on the ATH-M50's may or may not bother you.

For gaming I would get Beyerdynamic DT770. I've heard that they are really comfortable and you can use them for hours and hours without them getting uncomfortable.

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

I don't recommend AKG anymore, they just don't build their headphones like they use too. Even their 701's have suffered. 

is this about them being made in singapore or china rather than austria? 

meh I open up my computer case and I don't think I can point to a single thing that isnt made in china. 

I believe it is headfi over reacting to things. I think I remember some of the more level headed people who own them that haven't noticed any drop in quality. 

still. akg is a waaaay better solution than a steelseries or a razer product. 

For gaming I would get Beyerdynamic DT770. I've heard that they are really comfortable and you can use them for hours and hours without them getting uncomfortable.

for music and movies I love my dt770 however it is only rates as acceptable for gaming. I'd look at a dt880 or dt990 for gaming  

Jump on the logitech G35 bandwagon. I have had mine for over a year and they have been amazing in every way. Not to mention Logitech's drivers are very well made. They are also cheaper than your budget. Though they do only have a digital 7.1 surround sound. But it emulates it pretty well. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning