TrueNorth: Artificial Brain on Chip

jos

IBM is telling the world about something quite ambitious: TrueNorth's neurons could revolutionize system architecture.
Phase 0 turned into Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3— from neuroscience to supercomputing to a new architecture, to a new programming language to algorithms, applications, and now, new chip, which is TrueNorth. we have shrunk the neurosynaptic core by 15-fold in area and 100-fold in power, and have tiled 4,096 cores via an on-chip network to create TrueNorth—with one million neurons and 256 million synapses.
applications that might result. "The architecture can solve a wide class of problems from vision, audition, and multi-sensory fusion." 
"On one hand, with portable devices: think smart phones, sensor networks, self-driving automobiles, robots, public safety, medical imaging, real-time video analysis, signal processing, olfactory detection, and digital pathology. On the other hand, with synaptic supercomputers: —think multimedia processing on the cloud."
"While current chips are excellent at analyzing information in sequential order, the new 'neuromorphic' types of chips Modha's team are working on are better suited to finding patterns in information—like the right side of the brain."
Traditional chips follow instructions, whereas IBM's new chip manages 'spikes'—rather like spikes in electrical activity in an organic brain," Murphy said.
TrueNorth, with all its comparisons, is not a brain but it is a step toward a digital brain. "Let's be clear: we have not built the brain, or any brain," said Modha in the IBM Research report. "We have built a computer that is inspired by the brain. The inputs to and outputs of this computer are spikes. Functionally, it transforms a spatio-temporal stream of input spikes into a spatio-temporal stream of output spikes."

ibm-bootcamp-2_IBM-1024x508.jpg

Next make left side of the brain...

the perfect undetectable aimbot 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the perfect undetectable aimbot 

just a little big, a little slow, and a little power hungry :'D

Also probably a little unobtainable, and expensive

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

just a little big, a little slow, and a little power hungry :'D

Also probably a little unobtainable, and expensive

according to IBM it draws 70 milliwatts of power !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

according to IBM it draws 70 milliwatts of power !

for real? :o well then take away the power claim, all the others stay ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

for real? :o well then take away the power claim, all the others stay ;)

Since it supports perfect scaling.. using 48 chips to create 48 million brain cell,, They can do 86 billion... which will make it as powerful as human brain.. But with more advances ...each chips will become more powerful...

Since it supports perfect scaling.. using 48 chips to create 48 million brain cell,, They can do 86 billion... which will make it as powerful as human brain.. But with more advances ...each chips will become more powerful...

Im still not sold on it being as powerful as the brain (even in theory), but i do agree its a great achievement

Im still not sold on it being as powerful as the brain (even in theory), but i do agree its a great achievement

I agree. for now, though. they'll continue to tinker and upgrade hardware/software. it should be quite the site to behold in 15 years :D

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

Hopefully this can cure world money problem.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I agree. for now, though. they'll continue to tinker and upgrade hardware/software. it should be quite the site to behold in 15 years :D

that i can stand behind yes. imagine this, but using the principles of quantum computing. Theorethically, it could be more powerful than a human brain (i cant even imagine what that means but its true)

perfect. hope they get the left side ready before may 2016 so i can take it with me to my a-levels ^^

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

whao whao all i read in this is artifical brain and intelegence and think sweeeeet finaly gunna beable to program myself a real girlfriend xD

#foreveralone

As soon as I saw right/left brain bs I lost some faith in this project. That said I can't wait to see future development in this area and perhaps one day I might be able to contribute to full AI development.