windows 10 and geforce driver update 355.60. helpz!

So.

I just upgraded to win 10, awesome stuff! fancied a bit of games! noticed my games where freezing alot! then thought dang... i didn't update my drivers!

off to nvidia experience i go! click install, then it tells me it cant install as no compatible hardware was found. im using an old GTX 560TI but im fairly sure that's fine, problem!

"TO THE FORUMS" i said out loud at 6am waking the mother.... i go to nvidia forums, and they say this is down to the first startup of win10s automatic download of the update in the background, and ive tried to install it my way it didn't like it. but i cant find this illusive background download anywhere! i mean seriously where is this bad boy hiding? thats my first question, is there a way for me to see it? so i can confirm its there?

also. if not. wtf do i do to fix this problem? if i must i will go back to win 7, but i like this win 10 stuff and would rather keep it.

many thanks for reading and any help you can give. if you need any other information let me know i shall post it. 

Is the error an "Out of Memory" issue with DirectX when the game freezes? Also, are you using SLI?

1. Download the 355.60 driver package, don't install yet.
  2. Reboot to safe mode and uninstall all traces of Nvidia software installed on your system. Reboot, still in safe mode, if prompted to do so.
  3. Install previously downloaded 355.60 driver.
  4. Reboot out of safe mode, and you should be okay.

Might be overkill, but from my experience that should set everything straight.

• 2 weeks later...

hi sorry i haven't replied, i actually forgot i made this post :P

i solved the issue,

for anyone that wants to know how, it was actually really simple. maybe not the best or quickest way, but i reverted back to windows 7, installed the drivers then upgraded to windows 10 again. and all is working as intended! yay!
from what i understand the issue was windows 10 trying to do a background download of the driver, but failing and not letting me find, cancel or remove the driver, so i couldn't install it manually either, but once back in win 7 it allowed me to install it.