Gtx 970 vs 960(4GB)

JalenKoneko

I'm going to building a PC to play battlefront 3 when it comes out in November and was wondering if i need the extra horsepower that comes with the 970 to play to the game at 1920x1080 ultra settings X2 MSAA or i can save some money and go with the 960

I'm going to building a PC to play battlefront 3 when it comes out in November and was wondering if i need the extra horsepower that comes with the 970 to play to the game at 1920x1080 ultra settings X2 MSAA or i can save some money and go with the 960

Go middle of the road (and cheaper) and get a 280X. Better yet get a used 770 or 290 or whatever and enjoy the savings.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Its kinda hard to recommend an appropriate graphics card for a game that isnt out yet.

However, the 970 is quite the step above the 960, so out of those two, I would go for that.

I would take a look at what AMD has to offer too, such as the R9 390.

Its kinda hard to recommend an appropriate graphics card for a game that isnt out yet.

However, the 970 is quite the step above the 960, so out of those two, I would go for that.

I would take a look at what AMD has to offer too, such as the R9 390.

I thought you looked familiar. I watch your videos.  :P

I have a 960, and I'm quite happy with it, even at 1080p gaming. If you really care about having the high FPS though, 970 might be a better choice. It really just comes down to you're budget and how much FPS you're looking to have.

Sorry for responding so late, But what settings would i have to play at to get 60 fps on a 960/380? Also thanks for all the feedback!