First DirectX 12 game benchmarked *Update 2 More benchmarks

Samsung has rendered Hynix's priority agreement worthless and is providing better HBM 2 in every category to Nvidia

Source?

Source?

wccftech... so its a rumour at best

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

You realize that it was a report of a Samsung announcement right? From IDF 15. Had you actually just clicked the source lnk you would have seen that WCCF was also siting this article as well for image credit. The fact that so many people here instantly go "not credible" when a site posts something goes to show the gross ignorance of the people on this site. That and no one actually reads the articles.

You realize that it was a report of a Samsung announcement right? From IDF 15. Had you actually just clicked the source lnk you would have seen that WCCF was also siting this article as well for image credit. The fact that so many people here instantly go "not credible" when a site posts something goes to show the gross ignorance of the people on this site. That and no one actually reads the articles.

what makes u think that samsung is going to provide HBM memory only to Nvidia... when they are throwing lawsuits at each other....havent seen any mention of it in the article...

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

what makes u think that samsung is going to provide HBM memory only to Nvidia... when they are throwing lawsuits at each other....havent seen any mention of it in the article...

Apple and Samsung sued each other and Samsung continued supplying components. Samsung (the parent company) doesn't sue other companies, the individual under companies do. This way say Samsung Mobile gets sued by Apple but the under company that makes screens or memory still has the ability to sell components to Apple. Same goes with Nvidia and Samsung.

Apple and Samsung sued each other and Samsung continued supplying components. Samsung (the parent company) doesn't sue other companies, the individual under companies do. This way say Samsung Mobile gets sued by Apple but the under company that makes screens or memory still has the ability to sell components to Apple. Same goes with Nvidia and Samsung.

I completely agree with you on the Samsung/apple part. However this might be a little different. NVidia is suing Samsung over fundamental graphics patents, that all graphics cards uses (otherwise it could not create graphics). This will hit Samsung mobile (smartphones / tablets), Samsung TV (smart tv chips), (maybe Samsung dryers/tumblers too with gui's), and probably even the chip manufactoring plants (might be forced to pay royalties for making thse chips as well). So you are seeing a massive amount of Samsung's consumer divisions potentially being hit by this.

NVidia started all of this with a voluntary license pogram, that a massive 0 companies signed up for. This is right now a joke lawsuit in the industry, that at the sime time could have large repercussions for the entire tech industry. I hope Samsung beats nvidia to the ground in this lawsuit, but so far the american courts are continuing their bias against Samsung.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Even if FreeSync is better, what's the point if there are no monitors out there.

Asus had it's chance, Benq had it's chance, Acer had it's chance, who do you think is gonna release a IPS 1440P 144hz FreeSync monitor?

And then what? Fury X is barely in stock in the US, let alone in Europe. Would I have to use two 390X or something like that just to use the monitor?

the reason it's not in stock in U.S. is because shops from EU buy them and sell them , we had fury/x for quite some time it's just the prices

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

I completely agree with you on the Samsung/apple part. However this might be a little different. NVidia is suing Samsung over fundamental graphics patents, that all graphics cards uses (otherwise it could not create graphics). This will hit Samsung mobile (smartphones / tablets), Samsung TV (smart tv chips), (maybe Samsung dryers/tumblers too with gui's), and probably even the chip manufactoring plants (might be forced to pay royalties for making thse chips as well). So you are seeing a massive amount of Samsung's consumer divisions potentially being hit by this.

NVidia started all of this with a voluntary license pogram, that a massive 0 companies signed up for. This is right now a joke lawsuit in the industry, that at the sime time could have large repercussions for the entire tech industry. I hope Samsung beats nvidia to the ground in this lawsuit, but so far the american courts are continuing their bias against Samsung.

was speaking more to how Samsung will be providing Nvidia HBM even though there is an active lawsuit going on.

the reason it's not in stock in U.S. is because shops from EU buy them and sell them , we had fury/x for quite some time it's just the prices

Nope here in the Netherlands it's sold out everywhere. And the cheapest one is 750€ while the cheapest 980Ti is the INNO3D 680€. So you pay more for a shittier product in the end.

2000621158.jpeg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

was speaking more to how Samsung will be providing Nvidia HBM even though there is an active lawsuit going on.

Yeah I understand. But like Samsung banned Gsync from their products (which granted is not entirely the same); my point is that this lawsuit hitting so many Samsung divisions, could result in them not selling to NVidia. I'm not expecting this to be the case, but it's not out of the question either.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Source?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434041-hbm-2-not-initially-exclusive-to-amd-samsung-is-in-and-beat-hynixs-initial-offerings/

No, I'm afraid wccf's source is Samsung itself, and extremetech and kitguru have also already reported on it. How many times do I have to paddle you people's hindquarters before you to learn to stop badmouthing me. I never post a wccf article unless that article is backed by primary source. Wccf is great at condensing the material and making it fun, not to mention the comments section is even more fun.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Oh FFS. Samsung is a conglomerate. If one division is suing, the others still sell. The same is true of Apple suing Samsung design but simultaneously using its foundries. Why do people open their mouths/post without knowing their facts? I might be a dick, but at least I get it right.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just glad Samsung is getting in the HBM market. Should speed up production of cards tremendously. Hopefully TSMC can get things rolling and keep them rolling. I'm hoping to get Samsung HBM on GP100. Never had Samsung memory before. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

This will kick some serious dick, if true.

The YouTube video that was shared, either here or in another thread, about the VULKAN presentation was actually a pretty interesting analog to the DX12 debate. Especially since you had reps from AMD and nVidia both there speaking.

I really do hope DX12 gets a bigger more complete push from the beginning than DX11 did. With Windows 10 being a free upgrade for the first year it seems the opportune time to rip the bandaid off and get the whole industry to shift forward at once.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434041-hbm-2-not-initially-exclusive-to-amd-samsung-is-in-and-beat-hynixs-initial-offerings/

No, I'm afraid wccf's source is Samsung itself, and extremetech and kitguru have also already reported on it. How many times do I have to paddle you people's hindquarters before you to learn to stop badmouthing me. I never post a wccf article unless that article is backed by primary source. Wccf is great at condensing the material and making it fun, not to mention the comments section is even more fun.

and @Icecube26

Well I already knew that article... but no where in that source says that NVIDIA supplier will be Samsung...

That was the source I wanted to see, about NVIDIA getting their supply from Samsung.

That's no one else's fault except wccfech. It's a case of the boy who cried wolf. No one should have to sift through all their articles to determine which are true and which are rumors. Unless you're Fox Noise.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

and @Icecube26

Well I already knew that article... but no where in that source says that NVIDIA supplier will be Samsung...

That was the source I wanted to see, about NVIDIA getting their supply from Samsung.

No one else is in financial position nor infrastructural to be ordering or setting up orders for it. Oracle and Intel are both using flavors of HMC for the Sparc systems and the Knight's Landing chips. Xilinx and IBM have been in talks with Micron as well. The cost of HBM is prohibitive for phones and ARM tablets. Who does that leave exactly? Nvidia is always willing to pay good money for the newest nodes early, the newer memory tech once it matures (GDDR5 instead of GDDR4, Samsung 7GHz GDDR5 instead of AMD's Elpida 5GHz GDDR5 used on AMD's 290X, HBM 2 instead of HMC or HBM 1). If you suspect someone else is the big customer getting Samsung to jump on this, I'm waiting for your theory, because LPDDR4 is much cheaper and already low enough voltage for use in its own cell phones, not to mention the additional interposer costs needed to use it.

So who else is currently building chips with enough computing horsepower to need HBM2, especially a 1.5TB/s variant? If it's not Nvidia, Samsung is wasting its own time. AMD is beholden to Hynix for the next 16 months according to their development deal with Hynix. So who's left?

That's no one else's fault except wccfech. It's a case of the boy who cried wolf. No one should have to sift through all their articles to determine which are true and which are rumors. Unless you're Fox Noise.

No, it's your fault, because you should never dismiss a claim based solely on the source. Always look to the merit of the claims based on the proof submitted. Wccf provided strong proof, straight from "God's" mouth as it were. Now, back down little boy, and let the adults talk. You're exactly the kind of person who will skate by college without actually getting it. Integrity is the currency of academia and the news industry. Wccf reports rumors, yes, but it reports much more on actual fact, and furthermore, it even differentiates rumors from facts with a special tag, and it even is mostly separated between authors. You've made a fool of yourself. Do yourself a favor and learn from this experience.

Oh FFS. Samsung is a conglomerate. If one division is suing, the others still sell. The same is true of Apple suing Samsung design but simultaneously using its foundries. Why do people open their mouths/post without knowing their facts? I might be a dick, but at least I get it right.

thats what I was trying to point out with the original post I made with the comparison to the Apple v Samsung case

You're the dick we need, but not the one we deserve.  That sounds far worse in words than in my head.

No one else is in financial position nor infrastructural to be ordering or setting up orders for it. Oracle and Intel are both using flavors of HMC for the Sparc systems and the Knight's Landing chips. Xilinx and IBM have been in talks with Micron as well. The cost of HBM is prohibitive for phones and ARM tablets. Who does that leave exactly? Nvidia is always willing to pay good money for the newest nodes early, the newer memory tech once it matures (GDDR5 instead of GDDR4, Samsung 7GHz GDDR5 instead of AMD's Elpida 5GHz GDDR5 used on AMD's 290X, HBM 2 instead of HMC or HBM 1). If you suspect someone else is the big customer getting Samsung to jump on this, I'm waiting for your theory, because LPDDR4 is much cheaper and already low enough voltage for use in its own cell phones, not to mention the additional interposer costs needed to use it.

So who else is currently building chips with enough computing horsepower to need HBM2, especially a 1.5TB/s variant? If it's not Nvidia, Samsung is wasting its own time. AMD is beholden to Hynix for the next 16 months according to their development deal with Hynix. So who's left?

Well first I really doubt Samsung would do this for NVIDIA only. It would be s shot in the head to start the production (with the investment it needs) to one client. Don't take me wrong - if your customer was Apple they would do it, but only NVIDIA? I just doubt it.

Second: we don't know the extent of AMD exclusivity deals with Hynix. I'm pretty sure alone won't be able to fullfill AMD/NVIDIA orders, specially when you have the possibility of several semi-custom designs to come out in 2016.

You have two GPU manufacturers with new designs, you have two Nintendo consoles to come out (even though Nintendo it's known to not use the top notch tech for their consoles, you can't dismiss what HBM brings to power consumption and form factor), you have AMD GPU IP licensing to Mediatek, you have Apple.

What I mean is, NVIDIA may be one of the customers for Samsung, but I'm pretty sure it's not even close to be the only one.

So, the Nvidia driver recompiles shaders to get better performance in DX11... but damn that's a lot of non-improvement for the 980ti in DX12. If that trend continues Maxwell users May have to stick with DX11 until a better DX12 architecture comes along for Nvidia.

Review-chart-template-final-full-width-3

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

You're the dick we need, but not the one we deserve.  That sounds far worse in words than in my head.

Eh, I've heard worse. My mom used to call me a twat instead of smartass. One day I just said "Yeah, but I'm your twat." After that she never used that one again.

Eh, I've heard worse. My mom used to call me a twat instead of smartass. One day I just said "Yeah, but I'm your twat." After that she never used that one again.

See when you mom calls you a twat, you might want to re evaluate how you behave and present yourself ;) ​