First DirectX 12 game benchmarked *Update 2 More benchmarks

plz explain yourself. The best gsync and freesync monitors use the same panel. The freesync version is 220 cheaper atm. Panel AU Optronics M270DAN02.3 AHVA 

Source 1 

Source 2

Because the Asus is a broken piece of sh*t with it's frame skipping and it's 90hz max Freesync rate. It had to be pulled back from the market for 2 months.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So if Im right what we're seeing here is that AMDs hardware is actually on a very similar level to Nvidias hardware, its just DX11 optimisation that has put Nvidia ahead. Hopefully this is a way to level the playing field and give AMD the chance they need to get back in the game.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Because the Asus is a broken piece of sh*t with it's frame skipping and it's 90hz max Freesync rate. It had to be pulled back from the market for 2 months.

Basically you're saying you have nothing. A single 980ti and fury-x cant pump out enough fps @ 144hz to validate the extra 220 dollars at 1440p. In modern Triple A games. Sorry I asked you the question. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

FreeSync monitors are still bad.

No they are not. Besides that not the point being made. Linus said "I am not giving this an Editors Choice as it doesn't support g-sync", that stinks of bias.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

No they are not. Besides that not the point being made. Linus said "I am not giving this an Editors Choice as it doesn't support g-sync", that stinks of bias.

Maybe because the 980Ti beats Fury X ass? How can Linus be biased since the 980Ti is obviously the better card, just like the 380 is the better card versus 960?

I really don't hope the 980Ti in that video is reference, otherwise add another 10% for a decent aftermarket card like the MSI one or 15% for a K1NGP1N edition.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Maybe because the 980Ti beats Fury X ass? How can Linus be biased since the 980Ti is obviously the better card, just like the 380 is the better card versus 960?

I really don't hope the 980Ti in that video is reference, otherwise add another 10% for a decent aftermarket card like the MSI one or 15% for a K1NGP1N edition.

Sorry but you're clearly a troll. Yet again you're arguing something totally irrelevant, what does the 980Ti beating the Fury X have anything to do with Freesync + G-sync?

FYI: Have you seen the 980Ti vs the Fury X with DX12 in the OP of this very thread? You seem immensely butthurt over nothing.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Sorry but you're clearly a troll. Yet again you're arguing something totally irrelevant, what does the 980Ti beating the Fury X have anything to do with Freesync + G-sync?

FYI: Have you seen the 980Ti vs the Fury X with DX12 in the OP of this very thread? You seem immensely butthurt over nothing.

I think you are the butthurt one.

What is so hard to understand that the 980Ti is better then the Fury X, just as the R9 390 is better then the 970 and the R9 380 better then the 960?

I don't give a shit about DX12, I will be selling this card and buying either a Pascal card or Artic Island card, if AMD can deliver a product for enthusiasts, just like my old R9 290 which at the time was nearly as good as 780Ti, but at half the price.

And the choice of your graphics card will eventually lead to the choice of either a G-SYNC or FreeSync monitor.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I think you are the butthurt one.

What is so hard to understand that the 980Ti is better then the Fury X, just as the R9 390 is better then the 970 and the R9 380 better then the 960?

I don't give a shit about DX12, I will be selling this card and buying either a Pascal card or Artic Island card, if AMD can deliver a product for enthusiasts, just like my old R9 290 which at the time was nearly as good as 780Ti, but at half the price.

What's so hard to understand that's not what's being argued? Carry on changing your story, you already look like a fool and a fanboy. 

What's so hard to understand that's not what's being argued? Carry on changing your story, you already look like a fool and a fanboy. 

A fanboy by suggesting that people buy 380's over 960's and 390's over 970's but 980Ti's over Fury X's? Yeah that's a strange fanboy right there...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

A fanboy by suggesting that people buy 380's over 960's and 390's over 970's but 980Ti's over Fury X's? Yeah that's a strange fanboy right there...

Going off on one when what you're saying has nothing to do with what's being discussed? Again, what does 980Ti and Fury X performance have to do with Freesync and G-sync?

Well he is an old PC peasant.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Going off on one when what you're saying has nothing to do with what's being discussed? Again, what does 980Ti and Fury X performance have to do with Freesync and G-sync?

Seems like you are the one drunk in this thread, the thread title clearly says: "First DirectX 12 game benchmarked"

You might be confusing this thread with: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/435290-tek-syndicate-video-the-tek-0193-g-sync-is-dead/ or 

Also, the choice of either a FreeSync of G-SYNC monitor can lead you into either buying a Fury X or 980Ti, or vice-versa.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Seems like you are the one drunk in this thread, the thread title clearly says: "First DirectX 12 game benchmarked"

Yup, and the 980Ti and the Fury X are matched at 1080p with DX12. Next point?

Yup, and the 980Ti and the Fury X are matched at 1080p with DX12. Next point?

Who cares about DX12 when all games right now are DX11?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Who cares about DX12 when all games right now are DX11?

Again, what does this have to do with G-sync and Freesync? Care to explain why you think Freesync is so bad?

Again, what does this have to do with G-sync and Freesync? Care to explain why you think Freesync is so bad?

Because:

1) The 980Ti smashes the Fury X especially at 1440P. I don't give a shit about 4K because it's still 60hz.

2) There is no Freesync version or competitor of the Acer XB270HU. The Asus MG279Q is broken, the BenQ XL2730Z is TN.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Because:

1) The 980Ti smashes the Fury X especially at 1440P. I don't give a shit about 4K because it's still 60hz.

2) There is no Freesync version or competitor of the Acer XB270HU. The Asus MG279Q is broken, the BenQ XL2730Z is TN.

Again, why do you think Freesync is bad? That explained nothing.

Again, why do you think Freesync is bad? That explained nothing.

Even if FreeSync is better, what's the point if there are no monitors out there.

Asus had it's chance, Benq had it's chance, Acer had it's chance, who do you think is gonna release a IPS 1440P 144hz FreeSync monitor?

And then what? Fury X is barely in stock in the US, let alone in Europe. Would I have to use two 390X or something like that just to use the monitor?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Even if FreeSync is better, what's the point if there are no monitors out there.

Asus had it's chance, Benq had it's chance, Acer had it's chance, who do you think is gonna release a IPS 1440P 144hz FreeSync monitor?

And then what? Fury X is barely in stock in the US, let alone in Europe. Would I have to use two 390X or something like that just to use the monitor?

Whose going to release a 1440p 144Hz IPS FreeSync monitor? oh maybe this one thats already for sale. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466&cm_re=mg289q-_-24-236-466-_-Product

Whose going to release a 1440p 144Hz IPS FreeSync monitor? oh maybe this one thats already for sale. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466&cm_re=mg289q-_-24-236-466-_-Product

Jezus Chris how many times do I have to tell everyone in this thread that monitor is broken as hell that they had to remove it from the market for 2 months?

And it can only do FreeSync up to 90hz, what's the point in that? Nobody is gonna use 90hz on a 144hz monitor.

Show me a IPS 1440P 144hz  FreeSync monitor that can do FreeSync at 144hz. There isn't one.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Guys..don't turn this topic into a 14page debate like the "FX 8370 vs i7 5960X 4K bench" topic.

The bottom line of this is that AMD is coming back...and it's ready to hit hard. :)

AMD has a long way to go before it can start coming back. Now that it's lost the only edge it had with getting Arctic Islands to market first b/c Samsung has rendered Hynix's priority agreement worthless and is providing better HBM 2 in every category to Nvidia, I'm fully expecting 2016 to be the year AMD's morale is crushed. Intel's own server infrastructure is taking a huge leap forward, and Skylake is not going to make it easy on AMD to capture any of that market either. AMD's hard hit is going to do little more than put a dent in its rivals at the rate this is going.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

AMD has a long way to go before it can start coming back. Now that it's lost the only edge it had with getting Arctic Islands to market first b/c Samsung has rendered Hynix's priority agreement worthless and is providing better HBM 2 in every category to Nvidia, I'm fully expecting 2016 to be the year AMD's morale is crushed. Intel's own server infrastructure is taking a huge leap forward, and Skylake is not going to make it easy on AMD to capture any of that market.

I was trying to raise the morale of some people here.

I'm fully aware of what you said and I also agree with you, but for the sake of it...I hoped to conclude the topic.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I was trying to raise the morale of some people here.

I'm fully aware of what you said and I also agree with you, but for the sake of it...I hoped to conclude the topic.

Amd is already back. It has better cards in every single pricecategory in the budget and mainstream section.

But they completely suck at giving the enthousiast a good card and good driver features like 4K,5K and 8K DSR.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU