AMD 9590 vs Intel 5960x

I want a rig after my current rig dies now this rig is boss with a titan x and an AMD 8320 but my next one will be better, anyway would it be better to have an Intel i7 5960 x or a AMD 9590 I will be doing gaming,rendering and streaming some people said Intel and some said AMD which one pls no fights.

intel 5960x ALL THE WAY

An i5 can crush a 9590

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

The intel one is muuch more expensive, but it will outclass the AMD one since that one actually don't perform that much better than the 8350 and its old and doesn't support new stuff like PCI-E 3 or DDR4. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

i am 100% confident EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM

is gonna say 5960x, so i dont think there will be fights :)

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

5960x is twice as powerful

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I want a rig after my current rig dies now this rig is boss with a titan x and an AMD 8320 but my next one will be better, anyway would it be better to have an Intel i7 5960 x or a AMD 9590 I will be doing gaming,rendering and streaming some people said Intel and some said AMD which one pls no fights.

FIFTY NINE SIXTY EX

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you want to burn a hole in your computer from the heat output I guess you can get a 9590

i7 5960X anyday of the week.

But even an i7 4790K is better. (or 5820K or 6600K if you want DDR4)

9590 also requires a very expensive motherboard and cooling solution.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you have 1000$ to spend on a 5960x then go for it other wise grab a 5820k 16GB of DDR4 and a Asrock Killer X99 motherboard and call it good.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

9590 also requires a very expensive motherboard and cooling solution.

Why do people keep saying this? It comes with a freaking AIO...

Not all of them come with aio. Only certain boards have been verified to be able to deliver 225w to the CPU.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yea lel it comes with a cooler however if your motherboard can't handle it. It will set your motherboard on fire

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

You cannot even compare them, the intel one wins no doubt,in every scenario ever created by man.

And why are you using a titan x and 8320? Its limiting your performance.

Yea lel it comes with a cooler however if your motherboard can't handle it. It will set your motherboard on fire

Why are people lecturing me about motherboards when my comment was clearly about the bundled cooler being plenty adequate and not in need of urgent replacement as is often claimed?

How was that even a question, the 5960x will SMOKE the 9590 in every way while not being a space heater in ur room.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

an i5 would already be better for gaming,a mainstream i7 4790 is better for everything and the 5960X kills it. 

Did I really just read that title correctly?

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

let's compare a 200$ cpu with a 1000$ one lol???

Doesn't matter. OP is asking us for it.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Why are people lecturing me about motherboards when my comment was clearly about the bundled cooler being plenty adequate and not in need of urgent replacement as is often claimed?

Well because its both the cooler and motherboard. Without a sturdy motherboard it doesn't matter what the CPU cooling is it will set fire to the mostfets on the board and VRM's

You cannot even compare them, the intel one wins no doubt,in every scenario ever created by man.

And why are you using a titan x and 8320? Its limiting your performance.

It was what fit into my budget 

Well because its both the cooler and motherboard. Without a sturdy motherboard it doesn't matter what the CPU cooling is it will set fire to the mostfets on the board and VRM's

You also need to buy a case, ram and storage. That's about as relevant to the post you quoted as what you're blabbering on about.

It if comes with a cooler at all, that cooler is an AIO water cooler. It's very definitely sufficient and people should stop saying otherwise.

It was what fit into my budget 

If you aren't building your new pc soon, i would go and get a Asus Z97A and a Intel i5 4690k.

Or if you aren't overclocking im sure somebody in this forum will give you a great mobo+cpu combo.