Looking for gimbal

MG2R

Actually, the plasma gives out white light at 4300-5000 K ;)

I know what Xenons are. I have a background in physics. The suggested Philips Blue Vision bulbs are halogen, coated with a blue film that makes them *look* like Xenons. Practical implication is that these are less bright than a non-coated halogen, and thus WAY less bright than Xenons.

EDIT: was stressing I wouldn't go for blue-coated halogens because I want better light output, which Xenon will give me.

The Philips blue I have no idea on, if they have a blue film just to look cool then that is completely lame

Edit: I have seen 10000k xenon lights, they are like insanely bright blue

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Road legal ones are because they have to be white to be legal, the blue ones are normally illegal because they are bright and thus give out like 6000k light which is blue

Actually, light output in lm/W for Xenon is highest at 4300K, which is why OEMs use them.

HID4colors.gif1252560867723jpg.jpg

The danger is NOT the light intensity, rather it's inappropriate beam patterns. As long as your cut-off is clean you are not shining light directly at people's retinas, thus not blinding them.

EDIT: this is getting way off-topic. I merely wanted some gimbal suggestions. Could we please assume I have already researched HID headlights extensively and am aware of all pros and cons, as well as their inner workings, the physics behind them, and the legal status (on the lights, the gimbal is a gray area :P)?

The danger is NOT the light intensity, rather it's inappropriate beam patterns. As long as your cut-off is clean you are not shining light directly at people's retinas, thus not blinding them.

Sure but I know they are often considered illegal at certain , then again its the UK and stuff is strict

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

:D  Brightest lights I know of and own, the Halcyon Focus.  And water is a natural stabilizer.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just fit like flamethrowers to the front

I have to say, that is a pretty cool idea. For your application, it may be better off for you to just make your own gimbal as it will likely be harder to adapt a pre made on than to simply make one. I belive it could be done quite easily with an arduino, an accelerometer, and a decent brushles motor.

Some parts like this should do the trick. There is a bit more to it, but those are the basic parts.

http://www.amazon.com/Arduino-Mega-2560-MEGA-R3/dp/B006H0DWZW/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439932624&sr=1-1&keywords=arduino+mega

http://www.amazon.com/ADXL335-Module-3-axis-Digital-Gravity/dp/B00FIJG5I4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1439932666&sr=8-3&keywords=arduino+accelerometer

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-Brushless-Digital-Camera-Gimbal/dp/B00GLJC7FU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1439932759&sr=8-4&keywords=brushless+motor+gimbal

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Interesting. There's even a cheaper aluminium version of that. I could gut that, hook up an arduino and do some funky magic with it :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Interesting. There's even a cheaper aluminium version of that. I could gut that, hook up an arduino and do some funky magic with it :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Dont forget to waterproof the shit out of it

After reading the complete topic and trying to understand the unkown words for me(which is pretty rare) I have only 1 thought.

Might you be able to co-op with a mechanic and/or engineer for this? This way you can work together wih people that should have experience with motorcycles and have some other maybe usefull knowledge, besides it might be a fun project to work on for them too

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

After reading the complete topic and trying to understand the unkown words for me(which is pretty rare) I have only 1 thought.

Might you be able to co-op with a mechanic and/or engineer for this? This way you can work together wih people that should have experience with motorcycles and have some other maybe usefull knowledge, besides it might be a fun project to work on for them too

Well, technically, I am an engineer :P

I have already consulted some people for ideas. I think I've come up with something that should work but it will take quite some time and experimenting to actually make it happen. Right now, I'm first going to install the HID projector without any gyro crap. The gyro will be developed separately and installed later.