Gift for a computer nerd from his gf?

computerdummy

So I'm trying to think what I can get for my bf as a present for Christmas (I plan ahead). As I am completely clueless about computers I have no idea what to get him. This is all the info I can provide unfortunately and I'm sorry that is vague, he likes PC Games he rarely buys them and usually downloads, he likes Steam but I don't want to get him a gift card. I just got him a new headset so I know he's fine on that end, he bought a new wireless mouse recently. He has built his own computer (I have no idea what his current build is) I do however know that there is one of those water cooling system thingys in it. Ands that's all I got, if there's something new that's cool in the computer world that just came out or some kind of cool accessory (I know Linus talks about those at the end of his videos) please tell me. I really need any ideas possible because I have none.

Or maybe something computer-y related that would be a cute gift from your gf?

Any ideas and thoughts are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Oddly enough, I find tech is the worst thing to buy for tech enthusiasts. They're too picky, so unless you get a specific request, it's usually not going to be just what they want. I'd suggest looking into getting something entirely unrelated.

If he doesn't already have one, then an SSD either SATA of if he has a newer setup an NVMe one, or a 1ms 144hz monitor or a RGB mechanical keyboard would give him and insta-erection and much gratitude. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

-snip-

You should watch these videos, they can give you some good ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8mG-RkN2uTxnRVrjpfDDhLswAHkE4ZyK

What kind of budget do you have in mind?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

this might help you :)

EDIT: Damn you @Minibois

If I was your boyfriend I would want an upgrade to the new skylake 6600k or 6700k.

So I'm trying to think what I can get for my bf as a present for Christmas (I plan ahead). As I am completely clueless about computers I have no idea what to get him. This is all the info I can provide unfortunately and I'm sorry that is vague, he likes PC Games he rarely buys them and usually downloads, he likes Steam but I don't want to get him a gift card. I just got him a new headset so I know he's fine on that end, he bought a new wireless mouse recently. He has built his own computer (I have no idea what his current build is) I do however know that there is one of those water cooling system thingys in it. Ands that's all I got, if there's something new that's cool in the computer world that just came out or some kind of cool accessory (I know Linus talks about those at the end of his videos) please tell me. I really need any ideas possible because I have none.

Or maybe something computer-y related that would be a cute gift from your gf?

Any ideas and thoughts are welcome! Thanks in advance!

If this is not out of the budget this would be good. We can alwyas use fast ssds. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104544&cm_re=pci_ssd-_-20-104-544-_-Product

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I'd recommend some small handy tech stuff like @Minibois mentioned or a giftcard for a major hardware store, but that's probably a bit too uncreative.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

If I was your boyfriend I would want an upgrade to the new skylake 6600k or 6700k.

We dont know the budget. Thats alot. Cant just give him a cpu and be like lol 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

GUYS A FULL SET OF IFIXTIT TOOLS! BEST GIFT EVER

Post a pic of rig.

Can't we are in a long distance relationship right now

I live in a different country

GUYS A FULL SET OF IFIXTIT TOOLS! BEST GIFT EVER

Um, what are those?

We dont know the budget. Thats alot. Cant just give him a cpu and be like lol

i know and it is more than just a cpu. But I was speaking my opinion and that would be my number one.

buy him food

(i never had a gf b4)

32652324eihhh_sm.jpg

THIS

Um, what are those?

He means the IFixIt Pro tech tool kit

Link:

http://www.amazon.ca/iFixit-IF145-072-1-Pro-Tech-Toolkit/dp/B007XGWQ2Y

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Um, what are those?

go to ifixit.com

THIS

Um no. Serious talk not feels or sexists shit

Um no. Serious talk not feels or sexists shit

Go smoke your crack somewhere else fam

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Can't we are in a long distance relationship right now

I live in a different country

Is he on the fourms?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein