Anyone know any members that know a lot about mid 90s Compac PCs?

I have an old Compac PC, I was told it was one of the best computers around at that time. It has been sitting at my parent s house for a while know and I was over their so I picked it up. Just wondering if anyone has any info or ideas. Some of the prices for these parts are insane on eBay but I'm not so sure they are worth that much. All looks to be in really good condition.

Some of the parts:

CPU: Intel Pentium Pro KB80521EX200 SL22t 256K

Mobo: Compac 005468-012 socket 8 board

PSU: Compac PS2022 160W

HDD: Seagate Hawk 2.15GB ST32155N

Can get photos tomorrow if wanted

Keep that PC bro. Sell it for big $$$$ to a museum in 20-30 years time.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Keep that PC bro. Sell it for big $$$$ to a museum in 20-30 years time.

It's not complete anymore but I'd say a majority of it's here, I got it off a mate that was rebuilding it and he never finished it. I had 8 sticks of RAM for it to, I think they may have been 16MB sticks off memory but I'm not sure where they have disappeared to

That compaq must be be one of those workstation types. Pentium pro are rarely seen, as consumer chips are pentium based on socket 7. ram, i think they are edo, unless that uses sd-ram. Keep it as a collection, them pentium pro are old, but they can do quad sockets.

And its compaq not compac

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_Pro

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

That compaq must be be one of those workstation types. Pentium pro are rarely seen, as consumer chips are pentium based on socket 7. ram, i think they are edo, unless that uses sd-ram. Keep it as a collection, them pentium pro are old, but they can do quad sockets.

And its compaq not compac

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_Pro

It does look like it would have been a workstation style PC. I would love to get it to a working PC again if I could do it for a reasonable price.

Wow I didn't even realize after spending ages looking over the PC and I even have a compaq laptop as well

@tmcclelland455

Also the Pentium Pro is actually worth a lot of money and it getting harder to find, like the second post said I would also say hold onto it and don't modify it if you can because it very well could be worth more in the future :)

Also get photos! :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

@tmcclelland455

Also the Pentium Pro is actually worth a lot of money and it getting harder to find, like the second post said I would also say hold onto it and don't modify it if you can because it very well could be worth more in the future :)

Also get photos! :P

I was actually shocked at some of the prices that come up when I googled their part numbers. I wouldn't try and mod it.

I will put up some photos up in the morning at the moment it's the middle of the night here.