Today my bike was stolen

etze

g1Tc3FN.png

i used it everyday, my university is like ~10 kms away from my place and i was riding my bike to go there..

it was stolen while it was locked inside my appartment building :'( 

i'm suspecting a girl that moved out this morning cut my lock and got my bike as she left with her stuff

no proof or anything though. 

we bought it 400 euros 2 years ago, it was used -not new- and it was a really good bike :'(

its full price was 700 euros

RIP

i know this has nothing to do with tech and stuff but i wanna get it off my chest, its really sad for me. the town im living in is 100% flat and a bike is reaaaaaaally good and easy to use here. 

anyone had any similar experiences?

So sorry m8, maybe you can save up for a nice new one? I hear Berkel like downhill MTB, right? Maybe you should get in touch with him!

Edit: I live in Texas, people are so friendly here no one locks their car doors while they're at the grocery store and I leave my MTB out on the front porch not locked up or anything.

Sorry man. My buddy left his bike on campus at the bike locker and it was stolen. That damn thing was like 700-1k usd. Disk brakes and all. BTW did u have fluid or wire disks?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Wait what it was inside of your building ? How the hell did she get into the building?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

-SNIP-

That sucks, keep an eye out for used ads if it pops up, you can file a police report if you want to try to claim it in any way.

When I lived in Florida I had 2+ bikes stolen over a period of like 6-7 years despite being inside my house.

Guess that's what I get for living in a community of sketchy non-mexican hispanics. 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Sorry to hear man. As said keep your eye out on local ads. I had my bike stolen once. Within 6 hours I had it back in my hands. The guy is lucky I didn't kill him  :lol: I was just happy to have my bike back

Sorry to hear man. As said keep your eye out on local ads. I had my bike stolen once. Within 6 hours I had it back in my hands. The guy is lucky I didn't kill him  :lol: I was just happy to have my bike back

Would of fucked'em up either way. Got my phone pocketed from me and I beat the dude like it was 1800's and he was a runaway slave.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

There might be a camera ask the super

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Sorry man. My buddy left his bike on campus at the bike locker and it was stolen. That damn thing was like 700-1k usd. Disk brakes and all. BTW did u have fluid or wire disks?

fluid disks

it was so dope to ride :'(

Wait what it was inside of your building ? How the hell did she get into the building?

it was in the building, not in my house. In the stairs, locked on a guardrail

she was renting an appartment at the 3rd floor and moved out yesterday and im suspecting she or a friend of her cut the lock and stole it while they were moving her stuff from her appartment to a van or something

When I lived in Florida I had 2+ bikes stolen over a period of like 6-7 years despite being inside my house.

Guess that's what I get for living in a community of sketchy non-mexican hispanics. 

what the hell dude? 

did they break into your house to steal your bike?

here, bikes are really popular because the place is 100% flat and they are stealing them everyday

it seems my bike was a target for a long time

i had a decent lock that needs a cut-off wheel or a big cutter and a lot of muscle power to break the lock

Yeah I've had that happen. Bike was stolen right out from the back yard. My dad also got his bike stolen out of the garage by some of the neighborhood kids.

It happens, just move on. Karma will catch up to whomever stole it.

At least now you can get some more exercise. Take up running! You should be in good enough shape ;)

I'd kill someone if they'd stolen one of my bikes.

But they're $6,500 each.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah I've had that happen. Bike was stolen right out from the back yard. My dad also got his bike stolen out of the garage by some of the neighborhood kids.

It happens, just move on. Karma will catch up to whomever stole it.

At least now you can get some more exercise. Take up running! You should be in good enough shape ;)

But they're $6,500 each.

what ?? what kind of bike do u have?

So sorry m8, maybe you can save up for a nice new one? I hear Berkel like downhill MTB, right? Maybe you should get in touch with him!

Edit: I live in Texas, people are so friendly here no one locks their car doors while they're at the grocery store and I leave my MTB out on the front porch not locked up or anything.

what part of Texas do you live in? we clearly arent from the same part? lol 

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

She lived there?

Think of the big bang theory, many apartments in the one building all with a common street entrance/stairs.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

But they're $6,500 each.

What do you have on your bike that warrants that sort of price?

I have this pet theory that an entry level bike costs about £200-£500 whilst a goodish one is £500-£1000 a high end one is in the £1000-£2000 region, there is no reasion (unless two seconds in a 50 mile race are important to you ) to go much more expensive.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

what ?? what kind of bike do u have?

Knolly Delirium.

What do you have on your bike that warrants that sort of price?

I have this pet theory that an entry level bike costs about £200-£500 whilst a goodish one is £500-£1000 a high end one is in the £1000-£2000 region, there is no reasion (unless two seconds in a 50 mile race are important to you ) to go much more expensive.

I like nice things.

I don't really need to warrant it at all ;) It's something I enjoy, so I invest.

I also don't race. I just ride for pleasure.

It's not too far off your high price for a high end bike (which, btw, is a little low). Conversions and all.

It adds up quick. I like everything I own to be a little custom.

So, it has anodized pedal pins, nipples (holds the spokes to the rim), and bolts. Custom brake lever blades, adds better control.

Every part is hand picked by me. Capable but light.

When the frame costs almost $3000, the rest of the parts add up real fast.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

That sucks big time dude, i'd be so sad if someone stole my mountain bike. I'd be so angry and go find them and steal it or get it back. Didn't happen to have it under contents insurance? 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

@etze

That's very sad. But why in the world were you using such a tiny lock for such an expensive bike? :wacko:  I have an 800€ bike and I always lock it with a rigid lock that looks similar to this:

0032985_hiplok_d_bike_lock_colour_greyre

I ride it everywhere and have never had any problems with it.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

That sucks big time dude, i'd be so sad if someone stole my mountain bike. I'd be so angry and go find them and steal it or get it back. Didn't happen to have it under contents insurance? 

there's no such thing as bike insurance in greece. or at least i've never heard of it lol

@etze

That's very sad. But why in the world were you using such a tiny lock for such an expensive bike? :wacko:  I have an 800€ bike and I always lock it with a rigid lock that looks similar to this:

0032985_hiplok_d_bike_lock_colour_greyre

I ride it everywhere and have never had any problems with it.

i was planning to buy a ~100 euros lock which is really good and strong but my old pc was fucked up and i decided to buy a new pc at May. i spend ~1,1k euros there so there was no money for a better lock, even if the one i had was decent and i always had my bike inside my building

Aw man that really sucks! You have a pretty good image of it, so I would take it to the authorities and hope they can find it. If not, put up fliers and ask for local help.

(expensive bike should really come with some form of tracking device or app to track it just for this kind of situation)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

what part of Texas do you live in? we clearly arent from the same part? lol 

West Houston suburbs. Everyone is nice here. Small town folks. I guess because everyone here is rich from all the oil money they make they don't have time to steal bikes lol.