Lenovo found to include unremovable software which spies on users (a clean install of Windows doesn't fix it - BIOS level)

GoodBytes

Best combo a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 you might aswell write all your personal details of your life and data on paper and throw copies on the street. 

Good reason to not buy PC laptops ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Good reason to not buy PC laptops ;)

not everyone buys them for gaming and not everyone has a choice

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

there is no way to hold them accountable. They are the only ones who has access to the evidence that they are innocent/guilty.

A court order making them hand over the necessary tools/keys to access all information being sent back should be enough.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A court order making them hand over the necessary tools/keys to access all information being sent back should be enough.

A court can't order that because it would break the fifth amendment.

Time to flash a modded BIOS perhaps if possible?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

A jury can overrule the 5th amendment and I believe it only applies to capital or otherwise infamous crimes not to corporations.

EDIT: otherwise whenever a court orders the handover of files or emails from MS or another ISP they could simply plead the 5th. Which to my knowledge they haven't.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A jury can overrule the 5th amendment and I believe it only applies to capital or otherwise infamous crimes not to corporations.

EDIT: otherwise whenever a court orders the handover of files or emails from MS or another ISP they could simply plead the 5th. Which to my knowledge they haven't.

Isn't the point of amendments that they can't be overruled? It has happened a few times that people have been forced to hand over encryption keys, but it has also happened that the court has agreed that people are not required to hand over encryption keys since it would break the fifth amendment. Wikipedia has some examples of both things happening.

When it comes to MS and ISPs it's different, because handing over emails in those cases would not be self incriminating. It would incriminate the users of those services. The fifth amendment only protects you from incriminating yourself (the right to remain silent).

Isn't the point of amendments that they can't be overruled? It has happened a few times that people have been forced to hand over encryption keys, but it has also happened that the court has agreed that people are not required to hand over encryption keys since it would break the fifth amendment. Wikipedia has some examples of both things happening.

When it comes to MS and ISPs it's different, because handing over emails in those cases would not be self incriminating. It would incriminate the users of those services. The fifth amendment only protects you from incriminating yourself (the right to remain silent).

In cases of individuals it might be upheld, however the amendment clearly states that a jury can force it. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fifth_amendment

unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury

Also a corporation is not an individual but is an entity and the case is not capital but between either government and Corporation or consumer and corporation and thus the matter is consider a civil matter. 

Edit:  Also I found this,  Corporations and organizations cannot plead the 5th:

The privilege against self-incrimination is a personal one and cannot be utilized by or on behalf of any organization, such as a corporation. Thus, a corporation cannot object on self-incrimination grounds to a subpoena of its records and books or to the compelled testimony of those corporate agents who have been given personal immunity from criminal prosecution. 175 Neither may a corporate official with custody of corporate documents which incriminate him personally resist their compelled production on the assertion of his personal privilege.

http://constitution.findlaw.com/amendment5/annotation07.html#sthash.Ck5bk7xm.dpuf

Lenovo is a multinational Company, i.e. worldwide.

Lenovo is a multinational Company, i.e. worldwide.

Doesn't matter, if they're tried in a US court they abide by US laws.

The US is not the only country to have courts ;)

Or maybe I should say "why do they have to be tried in the US?"

Lenovoes US channel can be under court in US, but the rest wont.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

I'm glad that i haven't bought anything from lenovo. They don't deserve my money! 

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Can we just do away with these manufactuers that largely sell junk and hope that people buy their products because only their flagship products are any good? I'm sick and done with using crummy keyboards, trackpads, bloatware, and poor battery life. Microsoft, just please make your own ultrabooks that can compete with Apple's offerings.