Steam wont launch a game

abdul94

So i just wiped pc and started from fresh. Finished downloading few games and non-of them will load, it begins with "launching" and then nothing.
The error i get is "c:\windows\system32\XINPUTI_3.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error"

Before seeing this i did make sure i had all drivers like GPU etc... and also installed all windows updates.

Specs:

CPU: i5 3570

Ram: 8GB DDR3

MoBo: Asus P8Z77-m

GPU: GTX 970

Samsung 840 for boot

Seagate 1TB for steam games

Thanks for the help=]

Have you tried restarting? :P

I'm sure you have but you never know. Sometimes people just don't think of that. Umm, when you cleaned everything did you delete everything off both drives? Did you do a fresh install of your OS or did you just clean everything off manually?

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

XINPUT refers to controller drivers. So game is trying to access that file for controller compatibility and can't. Have you checked game cache? And does it really give this to all games or just certain ones?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There might also be a problem with the DirectX install. Reinstall it and try then.

If you only tired with some indies they might not install DX on it's own. Try some AAA game, they usually install DX when you start then for the first time.

Have you tried restarting? :P

I'm sure you have but you never know. Sometimes people just don't think of that. Umm, when you cleaned everything did you delete everything off both drives? Did you do a fresh install of your OS or did you just clean everything off manually?

fresh install and wiped second drive. 

Restarting didnt do much.

XINPUT refers to controller drivers. So game is trying to access that file for controller compatibility and can't. Have you checked game cache? And does it really give this to all games or just certain ones?

All games ive tested so far.