Doublecheck my upcoming build!

Hello All,

For the past week o so I have been designing a new build for school and my other hobbies. I have gone through spec sheets and lots of research but just wanted to make sure that it would all work and have some more eyes go though it. This is my first build and would rather it not all blow up when I flip the on switch. Although i am fairly solid on the parts, If you have any changes that stay under about $800us please let me know.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DX8bgs

^

More details

Quick Rundown:

Intel i5-6600k

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler

Asus Z170-a

8(2x4)GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 RAM

250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2-2280 SSD

1TB WD Caviar Green

Fractal Design Define S (Windowed)

Corsair CX 430W PSU (semi-modular ATX)

Thanks a ton!

Sudo Chocolate

What's the point in the liquid cooler if you're not gaming or overclocking? And go with an EVGA PSU ;P

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

No Gpu. Solid System tho. Game will be run at Low settings. 

What's the build for? Assuming not gaming, as there's no GPU? 

I would change the PSU, the CX series aren't very good. EVGA's B2 series is worth looking at. 

What's the point in the liquid cooler if you're not gaming or overclocking? And go with an EVGA PSU ;P

Cooler Cpu = longer life span. 

Would get cheaper ram and no liquid cooler (replace with an air cooler) and save for a graphics card.

I'm excited to see all these new intel builds :D

This looks good but no GPU? Just want the integrated graphics?

Also I'm more of an MX-4 kind of guy, but silver 5 is just fine :P

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Considering its a low budget liquid cooler, a similarly priced air cooler would probably do better.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Considering its a low budget liquid cooler, a similarly priced air cooler would probably do better.

hmmm

Hello All,

For the past week o so I have been designing a new build for school and my other hobbies. I have gone through spec sheets and lots of research but just wanted to make sure that it would all work and have some more eyes go though it. This is my first build and would rather it not all blow up when I flip the on switch. Although i am fairly solid on the parts, If you have any changes that stay under about $800us please let me know.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DX8bgs

^

More details

Quick Rundown:

Intel i5-6600k

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler

Asus Z170-a

8(2x4)GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 RAM

250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2-2280 SSD

1TB WD Caviar Green

Fractal Design Define S (Windowed)

Corsair CX 430W PSU (semi-modular ATX)

Thanks a ton!

Sudo Chocolate

Change the power supply to something better, something from the evga g2 lineup, change out the cooler master aio, a 120 is not going to do you any wonders, let alone a tiny improvement from something like a evo. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Even though that is true, in this case of the op only having a budget of $800 without a graphics card, saving him money on useless stuff would be better for him in the long run for a gpu.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Just wondering, is one of your hobbies PC gaming?? Also, are you planning to add a GPU when you saved up a reasonably quantity? If you are, I would suggest getting at least a 500w (600w preferably) power supply.

Even though that is true, in this case of the op only having a budget of $800 without a graphics card, saving him money on useless stuff would be better for him in the long run for a gpu.

maybe he will add a gpu in the future anyway xD

120mm water would act like a normal air cooler, only less real-estate required.. and it looks cleaner, IMHO. OC'ing calls for 240mm AIOs all the way to custom loops.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I would go with a LGA 1150 socket to lower the cost on memory and the motherboard.

Also get rid of the liquid cooler, to lower the cost and you then can get a Better PSU (CX Series are shit)

Get a graphics card too!!!

-snip

Where are you going to buy these parts? Online or is there a local microcenter near you? What is this going to be used for? Gaming?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($25.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($69.67 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 370 2GB PCS+ Video Card  ($143.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $794.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-12 00:25 EDT-0400

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list