Foldable Glass

jos

id414034.jpg

Demonstrated substrate platforms of glass and plastics, which can be reversibly and repeatedly foldable at pre designed location(s) without any mechanical failure or deterioration in device performances. There is no need to adopt any novel materials such as nanowires, carbon nanotubes, graphene, etc. the whole sample can be folded twice (dual folding), folding along the x-direction first followed by another folding along the orthogonal y-direction, which reduces the sample size down to 1/4 of its original size. 

Now we can have phone which can be opened up to be tab in future..

Source: http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=41034.php

There is no need to adopt any novel materials such as nanowires, carbon nanotubes, graphene, etc

.. I don't like the sound of that

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

QUICK!

NAME ALL THE PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS FOR THIS!

Windows that are also curtains

Glasses that stack flat in your cabinets

Phones that roll up into a small tube

Uh...

Someone keep it going

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Phones that roll up into a small tube

can Circuits roll yet?

Because he had a hard drive.

I swore i thought that said "iPhobia"

The phobia of a folding iphone

can Circuits roll yet?

Some part of a circuit could be made out of thin flexible material, however things like CPU and ram might not get to the flex scene anytime soon

Some part of a circuit could be made out of thin flexible material, however things like CPU and ram might not get to the flex scene anytime soon

so yea

iphone6bendtest.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

Windows that are also curtains

How could someone want a totaly transparent curtain which is also the window it cover?

snip

It would be more applicable if you can perhaps harden the glass. Then you wouldn't have to worry about pieces of glass not fitting. Perhaps glass tubing could become much easier to do. We all know the future is round, and so foldable/bendable glass will help us enable that. :P

How could someone want a totaly transparent curtain which is also the window it cover?

Ok fine Mr. SmartyPants, What about having a window that is foldable revealing the screen. You get to have 100% of the doorway to airflow, instead of just half with a sliding door, or have a large chunk of it stick out for pivoting windows/doors.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Apple will soon introduce the revolutionary : iPholde

Thought they already did that

bendgate4.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

can Circuits roll yet?

or batteries?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

QUICK!

NAME ALL THE PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS FOR THIS!

Portable windows!

Apple will soon introduce the revolutionary : iPholde

They already did. iPhone 6 Plus.

Thought they already did that

god dammit i was beat to it.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

can Circuits roll yet?

Yeah, I think the trickiest parts are the screen parts, battery, and SOC itself, most of the connecting circuitry can no problem

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

tint that man... then you can open the windows to let some nice breeze in... haha idk

They already did. iPhone 6 Plus.

god dammit i was beat to it.

It was an unassumed prototype

flip phones are gonna make a come back... I can feel it haha.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

this would be an awesome idea for people that switch between a single and dual monitor set-up the whole time.

*working on pc*

hmmm

*slips it open*

ahh there is the file, you sneaky bastard!

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

flip phones, the best kind of phones

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D