Rockstar perma bans modders.

Jacob_Mango

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/3g9xnu/developers_and_any_affiliated_members_of_fivem/
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/gta-v-modders-report-bans-for-creating-alternate-online-space/

This isn't a usual ban which provokes you from accessing rockstar online. This is a ban that prevents the user from playing any of their games. This is known to have happened to 3 people. The developer of the mod "FiveM", NTauthority, and forum/bug-tracker TheDeadlyDutchi, icedream2k9 and qaisjp that helped with the mods community. /r/FiveM and the website which it is released to.

Edit: Thought I would post this. It gives some info on the mod. https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/3gp78c/clearing_up_the_confusion_on_what_fivem_does_and/ 

Sorry for not posting enough info here as on phone and going of memory.

More fuel to this fire  ;)

Source: http://kotaku.com/rockstar-has-explained-its-banning-of-gta-v-pc-players-1723366248 

The FiveM project is an unauthorized alternate multiplayer service that contains code designed to facilitate piracy. Our policy on such violations of our terms of service are clear, and the individuals involved in its creation have had their Social Club accounts suspended.

Might want to see this for all the correct sources. http://qaisjp.com/misc/2015/08/10/incorrect-information.html 

Someone help?

This steam account is already associated with another account on this site.

change mac adress, change hardware id, change ip adress and ur back in the game... dont see how it would prevent them to playing any of their games when u can change those really :P

but bad stuff that they actually do that

(◑‿◐)

That's low, Rockstar. Real low.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Ok read the article on Ars.

They gave them a ban for not even breaking ToS, but just because if that mod gets completed they'll lose tons of money. Mainly on shark card sales. 

really want to be able to have modded servers.

I hate you ***star. I really do.

This is of course, assuming they got banned for relation to the mod.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

There's a reason I've never bought a Rockstar game other than GTA 2 in the prehistoric era and GTA IV complete edition for $5 on summer sale.

Too bad everyone and their dog bought GTA V, they basically have a license to kill.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

There's a reason I've never bought a Rockstar game other than GTA IV complete edition for $5 on summer sale.

Too bad everyone and their dog bought GTA V, they basically have a license to kill.

Love the game, hate the company.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh dandy. Rockstar I give you the slow clap of being a D-bag mates.

How dare us PC users not try to fix any type of broken shit that a million dollar company should have resolved beforehand. It's pretty fucking sad when a few lads can make a dedicated server to GTAV but rockstar can't seem to fix any damn problem when it comes to connecting to people or even having dedicated servers.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Love the game, hate the company.

I love The Elder Scrolls series, (pretty much my favourite series) but that doesn't mean I won't tell Bethesda to fuck off if they start to pull Rockstar-, Ubisoft- or Konami-level bullshit. There are thousands of games coming out every year, my life doesn't depend on any one franchise.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

When the hacking and modding is as bad as it is in the Online mode. sometimes you just gotta smash ass and ask questions later. Since Online and single player share a lot of the same files something probably got owned. I don't care about mods and I only play Online so the only thing I care about is getting the hackers dealt with. Collateral damage is expected.

There's a reason I've never bought a Rockstar game other than GTA 2 in the prehistoric era and GTA IV complete edition for $5 on summer sale.

I don't regret either of my purchases for GTA V. Bought it on the 360, bought it on the One, and a friend bought it for me on PC because they wanted someone to play with and I was being a cheap ass.

I don't have a hard-on for modding lobbies like most people do. I made my millions from the modders and now I couldn't give less shits about what happens to them now. While some of them are cool people that make the server more fun, most of them are assholes who just want to make everyone's time playing online miserable.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I love The Elder Scrolls series, (pretty much my favourite series) but that doesn't mean I won't tell Bethesda to fuck off if they start to pull Rockstar-, Ubisoft- or Konami-level bullshit.

Agreed

think about EA

LOL

EA is alright. As a company I think they're better than ***star. Far better in fact. They've been pretty good the last little while.

Ok read the article on Ars.

They gave them a ban for not even breaking ToS, but just because if that mod gets completed they'll lose tons of money. Mainly on shark card sales. 

really want to be able to have modded servers.

I hate you ***star. I really do.

This is of course, assuming they got banned for relation to the mod.

Like servers dedicated for modders?

ibn2Pdg.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

When the hacking and modding is as bad as it is in the Online mode. sometimes you just gotta smash ass and ask questions later. Since Online and single player share a lot of the same files something probably got owned. I don't care about mods and I only play Online so the only thing I care about is getting the hackers dealt with. Collateral damage is expected.

I like modders.

BUT, I don't like it when they kill everyone or run around piling money on anyone. having infinite money is no fun, but ***star has a lot of the stuff priced pretty high to encourage shark card buys.

Agreed

EA is alright. As a company I think they're better than ***star. Far better in fact. They've been pretty good the last little while.

try contacting their support... biggest dickheads ive seen

for a simple question i had to join into 11 different contacts to be able to get a simple answer(on a simple question) such as yes or no

(◑‿◐)

try contacting their support... biggest dickheads ive seen

for a simple question i had to join into 11 different contacts to be able to get a simple answer(on a simple question) such as yes or no

Had to deal with them once, it was fast and the support contact was very helpful.

I don't have a hard-on for modding lobbies like most people do.

Asswad business is asswad business whether you are affected by it or not.

I'm not gay but I stopped giving money to the Salvation Army when they had their anti-gay tirade a few years ago. This is the same thing to me. I have a zero-tolerance policy on immoral and abusive game publishers, whether it affects me or not. Because they all need to be on their best behaviour; they're supposed to be extinct by now after all.

Had to deal with them once, it was fast and the support contact was very helpful.

u had a heck of a luck then, all friends i know say the same about ea beeing dikheds

(◑‿◐)

u had a heck of a luck then, all friends i know say the same about ea beeing dikheds

Everyone I know has had great experience with them.

Every time a modder gets banned I get a little sad :(

Banning your fans is bad. I get that Rockstar wants GTA online to stay vanilla but banning modders seems like a bad idea to me.

Lol, and now the idiots at Rockstar have given the mod even more attention and given themselves bad publicity.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Asswad business is asswad business whether you are affected by it or not.

I'm not gay but I stopped giving money to the Salvation Army when they had their anti-gay tirade a few years ago. This is the same thing to me. I have a zero-tolerance policy on immoral and abusive game publishers, whether it affects me or not. Because they all need to be on their best behaviour; they're supposed to be extinct by now after all.

Immoral and abusive companies? Extinct in today's world? Today's world is where those types of companies thrive because consumers are either not/misinformed or just stupid.

I can't be upset about this "asswad" business style when there are companies out there doing way worse things to consumers.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Welp. Money wasted. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case