Spotify set to end free music streaming under pressure from Universal, Warner and Sony

itsmefurqan

there seams to be a notion that people deserve to get paid for products they try to sell.  im sorry but no they dont. thats not how it works. people paid for music in the past because they didnt have a choice. now they do, and its clear that they dont want to pay for music. if spotify do cancel there free music, then many people will return to pirating, and artists will get paid jack shit.

and im sorry but i will never buy the poor artists story as long as i see many "poor artists" rolling in money  then they will have no sympathy from me.  if any one is entitled its the music industry, the cash cow is dead, move on

Here's how it should work:

Musicians should ask whatever price they want. They set the price of their product/service. If people find that too expensive, they simply don't buy it. This will drive the price of goods down. Musicians who can't afford to go as low as what consumers ask, will disappear. Those who can will get a larger share of the pie.

If you just accept that piracy is a legitimate option, all it will do is drive more musicians to die off. If you see "poor artists" rolling in money, then they aren't poor artists. Most artists can barely pay for rent/food. A very very small minority of them ever become successful.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So why don't we embed cryptokeys in the music files? Like if every song had a Bitcoin attached to it? That should effectively turn music files into physical objects, right?

Then property rights should kick in...

Not happening anytime soon, isn't it?

Sorry can you elaborate on what you mean by DRM, you mean on spotify? I guess the problem is its not the same,if you buy a CD you can easily sell that to make money back, and rip the contents to your PC to archive as an MP3

That can be a good way to buy music, and sell the CDs online, or to one of those recycling places

I mean places like itunes, and I feel like I will no longer have spotify as my "one stop shop" for music even if I pay for it because artists like Taylor Swift are leaving, causing others to.

This sucks total donkey ass. I use Spotify Free, like 24/7. I absolutely CANNOT live without my music. If they're taking away my right to free music, i am gonna be the angriest person alive. Unless my dad won't mind spending 10 bucks a month for premium.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So why don't we embed cryptokeys in the music files? Like if every song had a Bitcoin attached to it? That should effectively turn music files into physical objects, right?

Then property rights should kick in...

Not happening anytime soon, isn't it?

No that is not happening soon, if ever.

First, Cryptokeys in BTC only work because there is a centralized, self propagating system. Yes it's spread out into thousands of nodes, but everything is interrelated and connected.

For this to happen to MP3's or another music file means one of two things:

1. The community would develop a replacement music file or an addon to the MP3 format, and create an open source method. This will never happen. No Record Label or major music distributor would adopt it.

2. Some industry conglomerate would create and/or manage it - this could happen, but won't. First, it gives a single body entire control over the "music" digital industry - who knows what kind of nasty tracking they could slip in. Second, it would take away a major source of income from them. What would be their motivation? They don't want you to be able to resell digital music on the used market.

As I said before, not gonna happen without some crazy invasive DRM.

I have no issues with digital files not able to be resold. If I want to resell my music, I'll buy Physical CD's.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Pussies...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Pussies...

Do you want to elaborate your incredibly vague and not very sensible statement? Are you calling Spotify "pussies"?

Not really pussies when the Record Industry is essentially holding a "smoking gun" to their head. They basically say "Do what we want, or we pull every major label and artist".

Besides, this isn't even confirmed. It's all still rumour.

Pussies...

I think we would all be a 'pussies' if we had ALL major labels threatening to pull content their content from our service....