Who thinks we should have a recommended build tab on the front page.

ELSknutson

This may be stupid because of all the combinations but I think we should have a recommended build tab on the front page

We could do sub categories inside based on the different chip sets like.

LGA 1151 build 

Sub: I7 build

Sub i5 build 

sub i3 build 

Sub Gseries

LGA 1150 Build

Lga 2011 build 

LGA 2011 v3  build 

Location vaires greatly with the people on the forum. What's a good price here, might not be if you're in Eu.

It's a novel idea, but has a lot of flaws.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

No AMD builds D:

#VoteForTurnip

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Location vaires greatly with the people on the forum. What's a good price here, might not be if you're in Eu.

I like the idea, but that is the problem.

I have thought of it too, but that the reason i have decided NO!!!

i think we could have like a page with reccomended builds for certain budgets, and then use those as sort of templates/guidelines for beginning builders.

they could get updated everytime something new comes out. including/excluding OS, etc.

would be pretty sweet to see.

No, each person needs specific parts. Sure one i5 build would be great for many users, but if someone needs more emphasis on specific applications then that build wouldn't make sense. Not to mention every day there is sales and better deals, so it would be outdated fairly quickly.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

True but you can do several sub forums and I know there is allot of variations of different items but it could be based on the best bang for the buck at the time. 

and if its done like this 

LGA1151 

Sub category i7 6700K

Sub I7  $2000.00 us build    i7 6700k

$150-$200  LGA 1151 board from ( Asus, Msi, Gigabyte, or Asrock equivalently priced motherboard)

500GB SSD good brands (crucial, Samsung, Intel)

GTX980ti    most popular ( gigabyte, MSI, Asus, Evga

$85-150 Case   most popular (fractal define series, Phantecks Enthoo series, Corsair Carbide series, NZXT H series)

750W gold modular PSU  good brands (EVGA, Corsair, coolermaster)

2tb HDD  most popular ( WD black series, Hitachi Deskstar, WD Red, WD Green)

16GB DDR4  most popular ( Gskill, Corsair, Hyperx)

We need more like 'Recommended PC Parts' by LTT member ratings along with compatibility checkers enabled on top of a build-helper web UI.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Yes, along with a popup that reads "If you're looking for build recommendations, click here!" in big flashing red letters.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No, each person needs specific parts. Sure one i5 build would be great for many users, but if someone needs more emphasis on specific applications then that build wouldn't make sense. Not to mention every day there is sales and better deals, so it would be outdated fairly quickly

This would be more of a baseline and not actual specific parts but they could be edited and updated with the pest parts out at the given time.

There are allot of posts here with the same exact builds over and over and over and over again and 90% of them get the same answers on what they should choose.

Its very helpful if you can go into a pre-made build and not have to match cretin parts and asking if the specific build is good or not instead they can ask if swapping a piece out for a lower price or for better performance would make scene or should the just stick with the build that there.

Several members have made their own, and the threads have always hade some debate about the suggestions, then died. It's a much better idea to just give personalised recommendations for each member that asks in the new builds and planning subforum. You are still able to use your own list of pre-done builds to recommend to them, but we won't have an official build suggestions page any time soon.

HTTP/2 203

Yes, along with a popup that reads "If you're looking for build recommendations, click here!" in big flashing red letters.

But is this a good build? 

voted AMD turnip!

EDIT : hey! who removed turnip??? :(

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Better idea: Link New builds subforum as tab and move it closer to top. Your suggestion seems to be because of high number of misplaced new build threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yep, and alternative components which people can vote for... most votes is shown as default.

Also, do this by price class range.

So many things I could write here... things like this.