Cheapo joystick FOR STAR CITIZEN

rentaspoon

Hey peeps, looking for a joystick till the SC stuff comes out REEEALLY don't wanna spend a lot of cash on one so pretty much leaves me with this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-052-SK&groupid=702&catid=288

GC-052-SK_33864_350.jpg

Seems OK and a good secondary joystick once I upgrade, can't find much else about it tho.

Or I could buy some more RAM for my build :)

looks interesting and it's also ambidextrous. I might even give it a try.  :)

A quick search gave me this guy: http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=414&pid=35041&paus=1&act_lang=en&PHPSESSID=d39ac608da442c7a185319f886bc9129

It's a little more expensive and is right hand only but has a z-axis and a tad more buttons.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

looks interesting and it's also ambidextrous. I might even give it a try. :)

A quick search gave me this guy: http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=414&pid=35041&paus=1&act_lang=en&PHPSESSID=d39ac608da442c7a185319f886bc9129

It's a little more expensive and is right hand only but has a z-axis and a tad more buttons.

The Saitek has z axis as well, found a review on it though:

"Gaming performance on the Phantom Hawk was a mixed experience. For flight sims I found the stick to be adequate at best. For casually flying around or more arcade style controls such as those found in Star Conflict and War Thunder it’s fine, but it lacks finess. When playing with settings set to simulation mode, or games that demand more advanced controls, such as Star Citizen, I found I had a hard time lining up my crosshair on the enemy. There’s a little bit of a deadzone on the stick and you have to move it just a little too far to register a fine adjustment, meaning fine accuracy isn’t the Phantom Hawks strong point. The stick has a good resistance to it that does make it comfortable to control and you can twist the stick left and right to adjust the rudder which is a nice bonus.

The throttle on the Phantom Hawk is very stiff. This is annoying when you want to quickly boost or cut your speed in games like Star Citizen, but it’s great for making steady adjustments that are well suited to flight sim games such as MS Flight. Other than that, everything else feels responsive enough. This is pretty much what I expected, as I wasn’t expecting this to perform on par with pro flight sticks given its price. What I have found is that the stick is still a lot better for sim games than keyboard and mouse, or a control pad; especially in terms of immersion."

Doesn't seem bettet or worse tho.

To be honest, I believe your best bet is the T-16000m from thrustmaster (ambidextrous, most accurate, near no deadzone) or the logitech extreme 3d pro (deadzone slightly bigger, mostly right handed, and good accuracy).

Both of those are the best I know of for the 20 to 40 dollar price tag (usd). Just keep watch of stock as that will influence display price on sites.

If you have to go hotas, I'd have to suggest saving up for the one they will release later, or getting the saitek/madcatz x52/x55. The higher end ch and thrustmaster variants are nicer and better quality, but price tag will be a limit for you.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Oh wow http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MA7VSPM#Ask

To be honest, I believe your best bet is the T-16000m from thrustmaster (ambidextrous, most accurate, near no deadzone) or the logitech extreme 3d pro (deadzone slightly bigger, mostly right handed, and good accuracy).

Both of those are the best I know of for the 20 to 40 dollar price tag (usd). Just keep watch of stock as that will influence display price on sites.

If you have to go hotas, I'd have to suggest saving up for the one they will release later, or getting the saitek/madcatz x52/x55. The higher end ch and thrustmaster variants are nicer and better quality, but price tag will be a limit for you.

I just want something better than my PS3 controller, both those options are around £40 so that's to much for now

Oh wow http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MA7VSPM#Ask

I just want something better than my PS3 controller, both those options are around £40 so that's to much for now

Logitech 3d extreme pro should be one of the cheapest on the market. Might be out of stock in some places I guess.... That's the only reason it could be above 30, let alone 40.

You can find it for 32 to 35 usd in the states, and its not like we are talking about canadian currency, for it to be more in euros or pounds is ludicrous.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

I've got a Logitech extreme 3D pro and it seems pretty decent, the only down side I've come across so far is its not ambidextrous which is a bit annoying for me trying to fly lefty with it in a HOMAS setup (well... that and its not the prettiest thing IMO) but its a stop-gap solution so it more than does the job and does it at the right price for now ;)

P.S. Is your avatar screwed up or is it just me? It's been the cant show picture icon the last couple of days.

Logitech 3d extreme pro should be one of the cheapest on the market. Might be out of stock in some places I guess.... That's the only reason it could be above 30, let alone 40.

You can find it for 32 to 35 usd in the states, and its not like we are talking about canadian currency, for it to be more in euros or pounds is ludicrous.

I've got a Logitech extreme 3D pro and it seems pretty decent, the only down side I've come across so far is its not ambidextrous which is a bit annoying for me trying to fly lefty with it in a HOMAS setup (well... that and its not the prettiest thing IMO) but its a stop-gap solution so it more than does the job and does it at the right price for now ;)

P.S. Is your avatar screwed up or is it just me? It's been the cant show picture icon the last couple of days.

Yeah its about £40+ here so I could pickup a budget hotas or a second stick for that and out of stock where I would buy it (I'm picky on sellers).

The V1 seems to have good reviews and turns out a guy at work owns one, he says it's a good beginners stick. Edit: brought it @Napper198 I'll let you know what its like

Yeah my profile pic is broken, can't find a copy of it

Just download more RAM

The 90s want their joke and space sims back

Yeah my profile pic is broken, can't find a copy of it

Your X is bugging me so here:

CiJekbM.png

Its small but at least its something :P

Your X is bugging me so here:

CiJekbM.pngthanks but I found it last night

Its small but at least its something :P

107291.png

This will be your best option. I am considering the one with an a screen they are making. This might be a little more but the tracking ball will be necessary to fight keyboard and mouse if you have gimballed weapons. And they are working with RobertSpaceIndusties and suggestions from the community so it should be pretty decent and have all the features we are looking for.

My advice is painful (we are going through it just to play the game) and that is to wait. My roommate bought a $200 option and he loves the feel but he was trying to tape a small mouse ball onto it. There are going to be more options coming out specifically focused on this game.

107291.pngsnip

Yeah as I said I'm looking for cheapo stuff until it comes out

I still would be worried. The x52 stick is far less accurate than competitors models at cheaper value, and the x55 had bad orientation of buttons that was less ergonomic. The x6* series was the stiff force sensor based stick.

Quality aside, that makes me wonder how the sticks feel and how well they work.

Any who buy(after release), please give detailed reviews on how they worked for you.

Still new, but learning

As they said it AtV they are going to have open community feedback so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a mk2 or mk3

As they said it AtV they are going to have open community feedback so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a mk2 or mk3

Sounds good, and congrats napper.

Also spoon, this may or may not be helpful but outside of the 3d pro being the best stick for the price, the t16000 is known as the most accurate, to the point of being equal to that of the ch sticks and the warthog sticks. Only downside is that it has less buttons for keybinding since it is made to be ambidextrous.

I strongly suggest trying to find one or the other for a cheaper price. I use both as a dual stick config, and if money wasnt an issue, I'd get a warthog stick to replace the 3d pro for keybinding options.

Still new, but learning

Yeah its the issue of price tho but it's good to know for future use

I may or may not have just picked up a Logitech Extreme 3D pro for 30€  :ph34r:

Is that worth it? What's your thoughts on it after using it?

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -