Help needed ASAP!

Go to solution Solved by Hasan,

Is it a pre-made PC? If it is try and find the computers model number and then do some research on that or call the manufacturer and ask what motherboards they put in those models.

yes it's pre made. I think that might do.

I have a very old pc at home and when I started it yesterday I got erorr that bios is busted. Now I dont know the motherboard model.I tried to find model number on board but nothing came up. All that I know is that socket is lga 775. Is there any way to find about the bios in boot menu? plz let me know

p.s. I am a total noob

motherboard number/type should be on the pcb somwhere ( usually near the pci express slots or cpu bracket )... if not there should be a tiny sticker on the back side

(◑‿◐)

I have a very old pc at home and when I started it yesterday I got erorr that bios is busted. Now I dont know the motherboard model.I tried to find model number on board but nothing came up. All that I know is that socket is lga 775. Is there any way to find about the bios in boot menu? plz let me know

p.s. I am a total noob

Are you trying to access the BIOS?

Try mashing the DEL button on start up

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I want to update the bios. But I dont know the mobo model.

I want to update the bios. But I dont know the mobo model.

You're going to have to get in there with a flashlight and maybe remove cables or cards to see if it's hidden somewhere. If you cant find it then take it out and look on the back. Also updating the BIOS incorrectly can brick your board. Make sure you do it right the first time.

motherboard number/type should be on the pcb somwhere ( usually near the pci express slots or cpu bracket )... if not there should be a tiny sticker on the back side

I tried that. there isn't one. As I said the pc is really old about 10 years.

You're going to have to get in there with a flashlight and maybe remove cables or cards to see if it's hidden somewhere. If you cant find it then take it out and look on the back. Also updating the BIOS incorrectly can brick your board. Make sure you do it right the first time.

There isn't one in the back. I guess I have to give up.

I tried that. there isn't one. As I said the pc is really old about 10 years.

sticker prolly wore off, u cant really tell the motherboard type if that is the case unless ud make a picture of it and send it to ur mobo manufacturer ( if u atleast know wich manufacturer it is :P ) and ask them like that...

other then that booting would be the only option... if it doesnt have the type/number on the pcb an the sticker wore off

edit : wew did u take ur mobo out of the case that quick? haha or is it just sitting there :P

(◑‿◐)

sticker prolly wore off, u cant really tell the motherboard type if that is the case unless ud make a picture of it and send it to ur mobo manufacturer ( if u atleast know wich manufacturer it is :P ) and ask them like that...

other then that booting would be the only option... if it doesnt have the type/number on the pcb an the sticker wore off

edit : wew did u take ur mobo out of the case that quick? haha or is it just sitting there :P

I did that yesterday before I posted :P I ain't superman :v

There isn't one in the back. I guess I have to give up.

Is it a pre-made PC? If it is try and find the computers model number and then do some research on that or call the manufacturer and ask what motherboards they put in those models.

if thats the case then its easy... didnt think of premade pcs tho ( never use em or even touch em :P hate the premade ones hehe )

(◑‿◐)

what system is it? I am assuming it's an OEM machine.

I think it might be saying the CMOS battery is dead... that can happen over the years.

Never thought of that. 

Try what he said before you try updating your BIOS. Once you find the motherboard model after searching the computers model number. I would then see if you can find the BIOS error codes for that model. It might tell you exactly what's wrong.

what system is it? I am assuming it's an OEM machine.

I think it might be saying the CMOS battery is dead... that can happen over the years.

yeah something like that. Says some sort of cmos erorr. cpu cover was opened and bios failed.

Never thought of that.

Try what he said before you try updating your BIOS. Once you find the motherboard model after searching the computers model number. I would then see if you can find the BIOS error codes for that model. It might tell you exactly what's wrong.

I will keep in mind