CRAZY Server Build. [FreeNas] [Home Server] [Cluster] [WIP] [UPDATED!!]

Fq2fs99.png

Welcome!

Intro:

Hey guys! Welcome to my CRRRAAAZZZZYYY!!!!!! Server build! I will be making a Beowolf Cluster (3 Computers) and a home server. All this on parts that I have laying around the house! So come and join me on my CCCCRRRRAAAZZZZYYYY Journey! I should really stop with the CRRRRAAAZZZYYYY!!! Sorry....

Purpose:

-Storage

-Backups

-Bragging Rights (Dude, How cool would it be to say to someone, "Oh yeah.. that's cool, Not as cool as the Super Computer I have at my house .etc)

-'Nuff Said

Things I've got:

CLUSTER:

-Motherboards

-CPUs

-110gb Drive

-320gb Drive

-CPU Coolers

-1 PSU

-1 Case

HOME SERVER:

-Everything (Its a former HTPC)

-40gb Drive

Things I need:

CLUSTER:

-More Drives

-2 more Cases

HOME SERVER:

-MOAR DRIVES AND STORAGE!!

To-Do List:

-Test the CPUs and Motherboards for the Cluster

-Install Either Windows Home Server or Ubuntu server onto the former HTPC (Update 1, FreeNas

-Get the things I need!

I'll try to update every day!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

UPDATE 1!

Today, I accomplished one thing. I FINALLY installed FreeNas onto my former HTPS PC that will, from now on, be referred to as Home server or HSPC! Now, onto the process!

The setup I used for this...

6E6KPNFh.jpg

This is the PC...

Lv565NCh.jpgMcnfcmXh.jpg93TNHo7h.jpgtUjW14Rh.jpg

First and fore most, I made my 16gb Sandisk Cruzer Edge thumb drive into a bootable FreeNas drive....

2V38Eneh.jpgfATzhX2h.jpg

Lets Boot!

gfbAU2xh.jpg

Yay!!!

QMEYJtPh.jpgJCQyQAxh.jpgQauJJQzh.jpg

And we are done with the install!!

NFmcew8h.jpg

Now for the web UI:

ht4Lxfmh.jpg

I spent some time and get the whole thing set up, here is the first connect!

72df6ee0f2ba91a971bb30b67d95de9e.png

Thanks for checking out this first update!

I would like to say sorry for the late updates as I have been very busy with personal problems and family.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

UPDATE 2

Man... I am disappoint

So today I took some time to test out the 3 PCs that will be used in the BeoWolf cluster.. Well i'll just let you see what happened.

This is the setup for today:

A7Qm7Csh.jpg

Here are some close-ups of the PC you see in the PC above.

IgmkLofh.jpg3dvm7h9h.jpg5iF5yI7h.jpg

The first time I booted it, all the fans started to spin but I did not get any signal on the TV. I replaced the PSU and still nothing Sad face :(

(This is the first disappointing point)

This is the second PC:

IBJhYaBh.jpg

I don't think there is a point for any more pictures as I tested all of the VGA connections (2 graphics cards and the integrated graphics.)

In short. It did not work.

This one is the last PC:

Yo36jvsh.jpgThis one worked. so yeah...

Conclusion

2 PC's did NOT work..

The PC with the case turned out to have a fried CPU so ill most likely get a new CPU and test it again.

the blue motherboard is just done, so I took the CPU and Ram out of it and ill think of something to do with it.

On the Bright side, I will be going to Buffalo soon with my family and will most likely spend some money at Tiger Direct, so I will have 3 PCs that will work for the Cluster.

Thanks for reading guys!

Mini-Update 1!

Hey guys!

So you guys saw what happened yesterday, but today... I have a solution!

So while cleaning out my garage I found FOUR Mini PCs! (HP Compaq t5000)

So the CLUSTER PROJECT WILL GO ON!

Here are the pictures.

5vCiPe7h.jpg(sorry for blur)

tuNr7Wfh.jpgnSbFlfOh.jpgG4T9W5nh.jpg

Stay tuned!!

​Reserved

​Reserved

​Reserved

​Reserved

Reserved for the win! Looks cool. Get trolled, lol

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

​Reserved

Edit: Dammit you broke my reserved streak!

@Worth lol you got him

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

^ What's with the reservations? 

I want to see this thing!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

@Worth 

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

^ What's with the reservations? 

I want to see this thing!!!!

I haven't even started!! I'll start working on it as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning!

I haven't even started!! I'll start working on it as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning!

SCREW SLEEP MAN! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

SCREW SLEEP MAN! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT KNOW MAN!!!?!??! IM FREAKING OUT MAN!!!

What cpus?

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

What cpus?

Pentium 4s I believe.

I DONT KNOW MAN!!!?!??! IM FREAKING OUT MAN!!!

AAAAHHHH *brain crashes*

blue_screen_of_death.jpg

AAAAHHHH *brain crashes*

blue_screen_of_death.jpg

"Go sleep to restart"

"Go sleep to restart"

gil-head-explode-again.gif

"Go sleep to restart"

mind_blown.gif

"Go sleep to restart"

mind_blown.gif

Go to sleep so we can see the build already!!!

Go to sleep so we can see the build already!!!

But I don't want to!

But I don't want to!

BY THE HAND OF LINUS I ORDER YOU TO REEEEEEST!