Verizon is doing away with contracts and introduces cheaper plans

TopWargamer

My fam is on AT&T and we're getting something similar, I think we've got like 15GB and 4 iPhones for like $180, which is rlly good compared to the $300 Verizon was charging us for the same shit, and tbh AT&T is actually better in our area anyway, so fk outta here Verizon, ya scum

That's pretty good for AT&T, was on there service as well as Verizon with unlimited data from Grandfathered plans but the bs they gave I just switched to t-mobile, never had a problem with them... Even when I use over the limit

Looking at these comments make me cringe. I've been in this industry for years ND have worked with every prepaid and postpaid carrier. Prepaid is awful period. You piggyback off towers and rarely jave service outside of cities. Tmaybe has horrid coverage and sprint is a crook. The latter advertises cutting your bill in half but that's before device payments. Why spend the same at sprint when at&t and vzw are the same price but way better. Rather than tech people i see mostly uninformed consumers here tbh.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

From my perspective here in Austria 30$ for one gigabyte of internet is really expensive. Here you pay 10€.

Though thats only internet, if you want 1000 mins and 1000sms as well you have to pay around 18€ ;)

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

Forgive my ignorance what does add a smartphone or tablet? Does it mean repayments or additional devices on one plan?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Well this really sucks, because unless you have verizon where I live you'd be lucky to get 3g. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Looking at these comments make me cringe. I've been in this industry for years ND have worked with every prepaid and postpaid carrier. Prepaid is awful period. You piggyback off towers and rarely jave service outside of cities. Tmaybe has horrid coverage and sprint is a crook. The latter advertises cutting your bill in half but that's before device payments. Why spend the same at sprint when at&t and vzw are the same price but way better. Rather than tech people i see mostly uninformed consumers here tbh.

Been using prepaid for a long time now. Not sure what you considered "informed" to be, but I buy what has the best reception where I live and work? I don't care what the reception is like somewhere else in the countryside, I don't go there. Even with Verizon their prepaid $45 plan with 2.5gb of data was the best value. Not to mention the taxes and fees were 50 cents vice 17% like the postpaid.

**But I agree, LTT forum is mostly full of mainstream sheeple.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

1GB 30$ let that sync in ..... if i watch half a dozen youtube videos and thats over.

I dont need data plan but i see the cheapest in my country is 2.5euro 5GB/month.We have low wages but still you get fked really bad in the US, seems like anything internet related in US costs an arm and a leg.

Been using prepaid for a long time now. Not sure what you considered "informed" to be, but I buy what has the best reception where I live and work? I don't care what the reception is like somewhere else in the countryside, I don't go there. Even with Verizon their prepaid $45 plan with 2.5gb of data was the best value. Not to mention the taxes and fees were 50 cents vice 17% like the postpaid.

**But I agree, LTT forum is mostly full of mainstream sheeple.

It's about 12% now especially if you're on a device payment plan.  I guess the issue is I travel alot, around my area and go on trips 6-8 times a year.  Outside of AT&T and VZW, many times the service just isn't any good.  Even in suburbs I see those other carriers have issues.  Sure Straight Talk is cheap and uses VZW towers, but the speeds are slow and get throttled during peak.  The fact that with 12GB of Data and 4 phones for 160/month that is a great price from a premium carrier IMO.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

One thing I don't get is in oz mobile contracts mean you get the phone for no upfront cost and have repayment option on the plan for 24 months. In the U.S. your expected upfront...WHAT?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

That looks really expensive given that I pay 15€ for 2 GB / 2000 texts per month here, and can still use the 15€ to either call or buy stuff online.

Ah well you guys have better deals on other things so I guess it cancels out :P 

i get unlimited data for $25 a month, i feel like verizon might be charging you a little more then they should

Well in capitalism, it's now how much they "should" charge, its how much they "could" charge. As long as consumers are paying, its a good price.

It's about 12% now especially if you're on a device payment plan.  I guess the issue is I travel alot, around my area and go on trips 6-8 times a year.  Outside of AT&T and VZW, many times the service just isn't any good.  Even in suburbs I see those other carriers have issues.  Sure Straight Talk is cheap and uses VZW towers, but the speeds are slow and get throttled during peak.  The fact that with 12GB of Data and 4 phones for 160/month that is a great price from a premium carrier IMO.

The Verizon prepaid plan I was referring to was sold directly through Verizon, not straightalk. I do have a Straightalk Verizon 4g mobile hotspot and I must say its amazing and more than half the cost of the data plans sold from Verizon themselves. As far as speed I wish the speeds were slower, too easy to chew through the data.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Well in capitalism, it's now how much they "should" charge, its how much they "could" charge. As long as consumers are paying, its a good price.

This. Verizon has the highest fees of any major US carrier but they also have the largest wireless footprint. You don't see T-Mobile or Sprint charging Verizon prices simply because they can't. They don't have a product/service (although T-Mobile has been making moves) to rival AT&T and Verizon.