Should i play fallout 3 first?

blackmalicious
Go to solution Solved by Albatross,

No.

New Vegas first. Always New Vegas before 3.

should i play fallout 3 to know what's the game about and such or just wait  and start new with fallout 4

No.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Don't need to play any games before Fallout 4 most likely. If you're the type that cares so much about every bit of lore, you wouldn't be asking us. They're still good games though. There are tons of comparisons between the two games with a quick Google search that will tell you all you want to know and more.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I was planning on plying both ( new Vegas and fallout 3). I recently finished fallout 3 and most of the doc and have to say that is excellent. Just about to start my fallout new Vegas splay though.

Long story short I would definitely recommend you play fallout 3

Twitter | Steam |

I was planning on plying both ( new Vegas and fallout 3). I recently finished fallout 3 and most of the doc and have to say that is excellent. Just about to start my fallout new Vegas splay though.

Long story short I would definitely recommend you play fallout 3

Alright thanks

should i play fallout 3 to know what's the game about and such or just wait  and start new with fallout 4

The stories are nothing to do with each other

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both brilliant games though, and I 100% recommend them, in fact I am currently replaying fallout 3 juts for funsies with all the DLC concent

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Doesnt matter what you play first.

Just make shure you play both because both are very good Games. I like the World in FO3 more, because everything is so damn fucked up ^^

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

No.

As somebody who hasn't really played any of the Fallout games either, why New Vegas before 3?

As somebody who hasn't really played any of the Fallout games either, why New Vegas before 3?

It doesnt matter what first.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1) It is way better than 3

2) It has a better world, story and setting.

It is the best Fallout game. Just believe me...you want to start with NV first! :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It is the best Fallout game. Just believe me...you want to start with NV first! :)

Hmm... Well, I think I want to play both, so I'll probably start with 3. That way, I don't spend all of Fallout 3 disappointed that it's not as good as New Vegas. Save the best for last! xD

Well I've played both and I'd say Fallout 3 has the better world and setting, New Vegas does have a better story, but the lack of world content sucks.