I bet a cookie no-one will solve this

someone

i have been trying to find something for quite sometime now and nothing :D so heres what happens
my main pc cannot fully shutdown (nether go to sleep or hibernate) while the fans and the usbs are still on
i had this happened a couple of times before but it got fixed after a format (not this time with win 10)

hint: its not the classic network  power managment issue and not anything usb related

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

i have been trying to find something for quite sometime now and nothing :D so heres what happens

my main pc cannot fully shutdown (nether go to sleep or hibernate) while the fans and the usbs are still on

i had this happened a couple of times before but it got fixed after a format (not this time with win 10)

hint: its not the classic network  power managment issue and not anything usb related

Unplug the damn thing, now where's my cookie?!

are you gonna air mail me that cookie if I fix it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if you fixed it before with a clean install

do it with windows 10

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I would laugh if OP had a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5, took me months to figure out this issue with my UD5. Flashing the bios fixed my issue, the F11 "beta" had bugs, and the latest bios pretty much fixed it.

Edit: 2 more things:

1. There is also a stupid setting in the Windows power plan. Not sure what its called, but it too prevents PC's from shutting off.
  2. I didn't realize there was 3 PCB revisions for the UD5, I'm like 99% sure I flashed the wrong bios.

My guess is some background process, disable your antivirus temporarily and see what happens. :P

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Update your drivers and maybe flash your bios? Idk.

My guess is some background process, disable your antivirus temporarily and see what happens. :P

I would laugh if OP had a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5, took me months to figure out this issue with my UD5. Flashing the bios fixed my issue, the F11 "beta" had bugs, and the latest bios pretty much fixed it.

Nah its definately not the antivirus (and not any malware either)

i have an msi p55gd55 , will try flashing bios :S (and hopefully not destroy everything) 

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”