i7 4790k

8GB DDR3 1600MHz 

GTX 550 Ti

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H

My settings in CSGO:

1024x768 Stretched

Lowest settings, V-Sync disabled, multicore rendering on, 4x MSAA

300 probably

200-300, generally though people have AA off so they can tell if they're aiming head height...

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

I know but on 1024x768 lowest settings .. he would get probably around 400FPS+

That system can handle it at 1080p no problem.

Specs:

i7 4790k

8GB DDR3 1600MHz 

GTX 550 Ti

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H

My settings in CSGO:

1024x768 Stretched

Lowest settings, V-Sync disabled, multicore rendering on, 4x MSAA

ALL OF THEM.

jk

But seriously, CS:GO is about as undemanding as you can get with a modern game. You should be able to get into the 100+ FPS range with no problems at all, with all graphics maxed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I just came from a FX-6100 paired with the same 550 Ti. I got around 200 FPS. But I hear CSGO is pretty CPU dependent. Like 80% CPU and 20% GPU. Is this true? Will I notice a large improvement with my new i7?

I just came from a FX-6100 paired with the same 550 Ti. I got around 200 FPS. But I hear CSGO is pretty CPU dependent. Like 80% CPU and 20% GPU. Is this true? Will I notice a large improvement with my new i7?

You might see an FPS improvement, sure. But anything over the max refresh rate of your monitor is completely, utterly, useless.

Especially past the 200 FPS mark. You will not notice ANY in-game difference between 200 FPS and even 400 FPS.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

CS:GO is just a weird one to get FPS from tbh. 

Running a i5-4670k and 980TI but I only get around 300-450ish on average @ 1920x1080 with everything low except textures

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

You might see an FPS improvement, sure. But anything over the max refresh rate of your monitor is completely, utterly, useless.

Especially past the 200 FPS mark. You will not notice ANY in-game difference between 200 FPS and even 400 FPS.

Your wrong there with Source and CS:GO. If you can keep a constant 300+fps then you WILL notice a difference in the smoothness of the game as with this engine the more fps = the more smoothness

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

144Hz monitor, and people say the game feels much smoother, regardless of the amount of FPS you are getting above your monitor's refresh rate.

May I ask why you invested in an awesome processor paired with a shittacular GPU?

May I ask why you invested in an awesome processor paired with a shittacular GPU?

GPU was from my old build. I am going to reuse it to save a bit of cash until I see a good sale for a better GPU. 

144Hz monitor, and people say the game feels much smoother, regardless of the amount of FPS you are getting above your monitor's refresh rate.

Fair enough. Personally, I would do some tests yourself to see if you notice any differences with higher FPS. Could be entirely placebo, or it could be a weird glitch in the Source Engine (Wouldn't surprise me, given that it's what, 15 years old now?)

Either way, your CPU + GPU should easily reach into the 200+ FPS range.

Hey man,

Well it fully depends on how you play man. If you configure the game competitively with for example a good config and autoexec (Look up Liquid Adren on youtube) then you will get good fps in Competitive matchmaking. And when it comes down to smokes you won't get any lagg based on your cpu but possibly some because of your gpu. When it comes to practicing in deathmatches Which is 10+ Vs 10+ people you probably won't any lagg because of your good cpu, but possibly some because of your gpu. If you set your resolution to something lower than 1920x1080 your fps will even be higher. There is a alot to take in mind but with your build on competitive settings you will get good fps.

If you wan't to know anything about what i mean when i say competitive settings or just general set-up you can always send me a message.