PCI Express port blocked by graphics card

bman7842

I recently bought a graphics card but unfortunately failed to check how large it was. It covers my PCI express slot making me unable to install my wireless networking chip. Any suggestions? I don't have the money to spend on a new mother board and processor so please don't suggest that.

Without graphics card:

post-247663-0-55345300-1438786557_thumb.

With graphics card:

post-247663-0-96936500-1438786594_thumb.

The only thing you could do is get a legacy pci or usb wifi card

have to get a wifi card of some other kind, or use a riser and mount your graphics card some other way. return it and get some other 750ti? they do make single slot ones I believe. 

evga 750ti is your card right?(mad guessing skills)

@bman7842

You only have one possible solution:

http://www.amazon.com/HOTER-PCI-E-Express-Riser-Flexible/dp/B0057M0ABA

A PCIe 1x Riser ribbon cable. However, the solution is gonna suck. There's really no alternative either, except buying a USB WIFI adapter instead I guess?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

have to get a wifi card of some other kind, or use a riser and mount your graphics card some other way. return it and get some other 750ti? they do make single slot ones I believe. 

evga 750ti is your card right?(mad guessing skills)

Close, its the 750ti SC :P. Also I don't really want to return this card, if anything I'll return the wireless card or buy a connector.

@bman7842

A PCIe 1x Riser ribbon cable. However, the solution is gonna suck. There's really no alternative either, except buying a USB WIFI adapter instead I guess?

You just ninja'd the fuck out of me.

You just ninja'd the fuck out of me.

Sniped ya by 2 minutes ;)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Close, its the 750ti SC :P. Also I don't really want to return this card, if anything I'll return the wireless card or buy a connector.

SC, not SC, same thing:P 

only knew because have the 750ti SC myself lol

Either get a pci wifi card, ethernet, or a pcie extension cable for your current wifi solution

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Heyyo,

@bman7842

This.

I use one because my southbridge heatsink blocks the length of my PCI-E x1 slot. BUT, that extender? It still adds a bit of height so it'll vary depending on the length of that heatsink... I think the male end of the extender sticks out about half an inch from the PCI-E slot???

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

96677.4633bb66d0d2df3da5759291eca0c2ab.6

96677.a7c76aeac3cd8ecb364e521a79deff19.9

96677.1c19992c560837f7179a9f74b0d42572.f

I used motherboard mounts to extend the distance needed to mount the retaining screw on the back of the case. :P

... and yes, I know my colors don't match up well at all hahaha with blue RAM heatsinks, green Geforce logo and such... but hey, I got the parts for cheap... so... cost-effectiveness! xD

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Umm i dont see any blocking :/

The PCIe x1 slot is blocked.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I tried the PCIe 1x riser and was disappointed. There is still not enough room for the graphics card to be properly placed in its slot. I'll just get a usb wireless adapter. Does anyone have a good suggestion on which one I should get?

Why do you not just put it in the pci e x8?

Nvm didn't look good enough.

People be looking for a reason to flame.