Is Gsync really worth the price premium in my case?

CurlyCucumber
Go to solution Solved by Kinda Bottlenecked,

Its like getting a boot SSD. You can live without it but once you have it you won't want to go back ;)

If its faulty can you ask for a refund?

Hey there everyone.

So, I'm looking at a new monitor. I want to go 1440p, 144hz and IPS. Top of the line.

So I have virtually two choices, the Acer XB270HU or the Asus MG279Q.

I see people saying yes, GSync is worth it, and some saying no, so, I have two questions.

Should I just go for the less expensive solution and get the Asus monitor, and lose Gsync, OR

Buy a REFURBISHED Acer XB270HU, and get to experience Gsync. Not sure if I should take the risk, but I see no issue if it's coming straight from Acer as a refurbished unit.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Its like getting a boot SSD. You can live without it but once you have it you won't want to go back ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That's what I was thinking. If it has a scuff or something, I really don't mind. :P

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

144 fps at 1440 is tough in some titles even with 2 780s so you will actually make use of it  i enjoy the benefits of Gsync on my 144hz Swift and on my GT72 2QE-1449 75hz Gsync laptop

That's what I was thinking. If it has a scuff or something, I really don't mind. :P

Then I'd say why not. But above 70 fps is hard for a 970 to achieve in modern titles :/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Then I'd say why not. But above 70 fps is hard for a 970 to achieve in modern titles :/

I don't really play modern titles. That's the thing. :P Plus, once Pascal comes out this winter/early next year, I'll be going for that. Not too big of a deal, since that's when I'll be buying the new monitor. Maybe there will be something better by then!