Intel skylake cpu prices revealed

NumLock21

$225 USD for the 6600K meaning $2000 CDN once our dollar tanks even more. :lol:  :angry:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Sadly, that was only for Mobile skylake SKU's. The desktop versions do not inherit Iris Pro, and will not be faster than broadwell's iGPU. 

Incorrect. There will be desktop SKUs with Iris Pro later in the release cycle, just not up front.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I will stick with my 5820k for a 3-4 more years or maybe even 5 xD

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

$225 USD for the 6600K meaning $2000 CDN once our dollar tanks even more. :lol:  :angry:

I remember back when our dollar was on par or just a bit above USD: 2500k/3570k for $225CND, 2600k/3770K for $325 or thereabouts. Those were the days... :(

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I'm, guessing the 6600k is the 4690k equivalent?

I need money now lol (I mainly just want those RGB mobo's)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Incorrect. There will be desktop SKUs with Iris Pro later in the release cycle, just not up front.

Not incorrect. The context of this thread is involving the CPU's that are listed in the graph on the first post. He mentioned the performance margins of 10-41%, which was the exact margins made on Softpedia regarding the laptop SKU's. 

http://news.softpedia.com/news/precisely-how-fast-is-intel-skylake-compared-with-its-predecessors-488082.shtml

It seems that we can expect up to 10% - 17% faster CPU processing and up to 16% - 41% better GPU performance for some models. Apparently, the leaked slides show that the entire Skylake-S desktop CPUs will have up to 11% better CPU performance in SPECint_rate_2006 test than previous generation of CPUs. It also seems that Skylake CPUs will have 22% less thermal design power than the Haswell counterparts. Also, as we mentioned before, the CPUs will have up to 28% higher 3DMark 11 graphics score.

The mobile U and Y series improved battery life by 1.4 hours for video playback operations. The ultra-low power Y series chips with HD graphics are up to 17% faster in SPECint_rate_base2006 and up to 41 faster in 3DMark 11 tests. Apparently, the U Series chips, also with HD graphics has up to 10% and 34% better scores in aforementioned CPU and GPU tests. The H-Series will have its CPU and GPU improvements up to 11% and 16% respectively.

The S series is not mentioned in the price graph on the first page. You are correct however, in that the S series for desktop will have the Iris Pro successors, being GT4e with 64mb of eDRAM. Perhaps i should have been clearer when responding to the Intel HD 530, rather than using broad terms in my post. 

EDIT: I am either confused with Intel's nomenclature, or every desktop skylake is an -S SKU. I was under the impression there would be S versions of the same SKU's similar to haswell, like the 4690S. Disregard whatever i have said, i clearly need to study up on Skylake.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I will stick with my 5820k for a 3-4 more years or maybe even 5 xD

skylake was never gonna be an upgrade for haswell-e. 

I'm, guessing the 6600k is the 4690k equivalent?

I need money now lol (I mainly just want those RGB mobo's)

sell ur personal data to internet marketers. 

Sadly, that was only for Mobile skylake SKU's. The desktop versions do not inherit Iris Pro, and will not be faster than broadwell's iGPU.

The internal leak says otherwise. -s (aka consumer dyi) are supposedly up to 11% faster than the broadwell skus.

Never mind I saw your edit just now.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Isnt the new windows tablet having ones of those and with no I3 does that mean the new windows surface is having a i5 as a min

The Dick of the audio page!

Zen can't come soon enough

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The internal leak says otherwise. -s (aka consumer dyi) are supposedly up to 11% faster than the broadwell skus.

Never mind I saw your edit just now.

Yeah, after reading up on Skylake, i see where my confusion came from. Still, none of the CPU's listed in this price graph appear to have GT3e or GT4e, which leads me to believe they will not be graphically superior to broadwell just yet. @patrickjp93 was correct when he mentioned later Skylake SKU's coming out with iGPU's based on Iris Pro that will truly succeed broadwell. If you are waiting on a better iGPU, then i would probably wait for round 2 of Skylake. 

That i7 6700 is just absolutely impressive as far as pricing goes. Aside from the iGPU, it will compete with the Broadwell 5775C and should out perform it in every single aspect without its cache being gimped down to 6mb. I think i finally found my G3258's successor. Now to find an ITX Z170 board with full length M.2 support

Yeah, after reading up on Skylake, i see where my confusion came from. Still, none of the CPU's listed in this price graph appear to have GT3e or GT4e, which leads me to believe they will not be graphically superior to broadwell just yet. @patrickjp93 was correct when he mentioned later Skylake SKU's coming out with iGPU's based on Iris Pro that will truly succeed broadwell. If you are waiting on a better iGPU, then i would probably wait for round 2 of Skylake.

That i7 6700 is just absolutely impressive as far as pricing goes. Aside from the iGPU, it will compete with the Broadwell 5775C and should out perform it in every single aspect without its cache being gimped down to 6mb. I think i finally found my G3258's successor. Now to find an ITX Z170 board with full length M.2 support

Asrock and EVGA both have you covered. MSI may also.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Asrock and EVGA both have you covered. MSI may also.

That asrock board, as awful as the color scheme is, looks like it will do perfectly. The EVGA board is rather confusing. The M.2 slot is located above the USB 3 header, and looks like it will mount the M.2 vertically. My case cannot exceed 2.5 inches of thickness, so i doubt i will be able to use that board if the M.2 slot is in fact vertical. Thanks for bringing that Asrock board to my attention. If everything works out the way i plan, i should be able to have my 5L machine built in the fall. Skylake i7 with a 980 Ti should last me a few years, lol.