I have been trying to build an ULTIMATE Workstation Build but i can't find the perfect 'no compromises' motherboard. I was wondering if anyone knew any manufacturers/ organisations that help you design and build a completely custom motherboard? Or instead is there a place that sells just chipsets, VRMs, DIMM slots, PCI slots, sata ports, etc... that you can buy and use to build a custom motherboard. Sort of like building a custom PC but the separate mobo parts instead of PC parts?

Any help would be useful. Please do not suggest motherboard that already exist as i have checked everyone and my need are like 10 PCIe slots 32 m.2 slots 34 sata 6 slots 32 DIMMs quad cpu etc... 

Any other custom part makers would help too. Like someone who would build you a custom CPU itself or GPU, etc....

Thanks

you cant have a custom cpu/gpu

i3 4170 : Asus R9 270 : MSI h81M-Pro VD : Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO : Seagate Barracuda 1TB : NZXT Source 210 : Some Random RAM

Just hook up a few motherboards with some coat hangers. Should do the trick.

/s

I have been trying to build an ULTIMATE Workstation Build but i can't find the perfect 'no compromises' motherboard. I was wondering if anyone knew any manufacturers/ organisations that help you design and build a completely custom motherboard? Or instead is there a place that sells just chipsets, VRMs, DIMM slots, PCI slots, sata ports, etc... that you can buy and use to build a custom motherboard. Sort of like building a custom PC but the separate mobo parts instead of PC parts?

Any help would be useful. Please do not suggest motherboard that already exist as i have checked everyone and my need are like 10 PCIe slots 32 m.2 slots 34 sata 6 slots 32 DIMMs quad cpu etc... 

Any other custom part makers would help too. Like someone who would build you a custom CPU itself or GPU, etc....

Thanks

What you are asking is ridiculous... sorry but it had to be said!

-SNIP-

I think you posted and asked this previously, but no manufacture can custom make a board for your like that, not to mention the ridiculousness of such a board.

Re-coloring board or modding them is possible to change the color if you are trying to fit a build theme.

Unfortunately, I've got to agree. The resources would be unimaginable with a pretty unsatisfactory result.

Wtf do you need 4 CPUs, 32 DIMMS, and 10 PCIe Slots? Stop dreaming m8...

So what you are wanting it similar to the 3000$ proprietary supermicro motherboard? Its ridiculous, no company would ever think of making it on a prosumer or consumer level. You would have to go server. And even then you aren't going to get anything you want.

Remove the heat spreader and replace it with a copper one with your name engraved on it. Now that's custom B)

Speaking of which why don't CPU manufacturers use copper heat spreaders....?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Thanks

if you have a couple million dollars I'm sure Intel, IBM, ASRock, MSI, EVGA, Asus everyone who manufactures GPU's, CPU's ect would be happy to colab for about 500 million dollars.

Motherboards aren't something you can create by hand

your a bit stupid if you can think that. Everything in the PC industry, not one CPU, GPU, or Motherboard has been made by hand for 20+ years you'd have to buy a custom machine, get a large enough case, ect, ect, sockets and all, 

You better start your own company

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Unfortunately, I've got to agree. The resources would be unimaginable with a pretty unsatisfactory result.

Thanks

Sorry brah, but that's going to be literally impossible, unless you're Bill Gates. (or his money)

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Have you looked at the server grade stuff?

Just hook up a few motherboards with some coat hangers. Should do the trick.

/s

I think you posted and asked this previously, but no manufacture can custom make a board for your like that, not to mention the ridiculousness of such a board.

Re-coloring board or modding them is possible to change the color if you are trying to fit a build theme.

Wtf do you need 4 CPUs, 32 DIMMS, and 10 PCIe Slots? Stop dreaming m8...

So what you are wanting it similar to the 3000$ proprietary supermicro motherboard? Its ridiculous, no company would ever think of making it on a prosumer or consumer level. You would have to go server. And even then you aren't going to get anything you want.

Remove the heat spreader and replace it with a copper one with your name engraved on it. Now that's custom B)

Speaking of which why don't CPU manufacturers use copper heat spreaders....?

if you have a couple million dollars I'm sure Intel, IBM, ASRock, MSI, EVGA, Asus everyone who manufactures GPU's, CPU's ect would be happy to colab for about 500 million dollars.

Motherboards aren't something you can create by hand

your a bit stupid if you can think that. Everything in the PC industry, not one CPU, GPU, or Motherboard has been made by hand for 20+ years you'd have to buy a custom machine, get a large enough case, ect, ect, sockets and all, 

You better start your own company

Sorry brah, but that's going to be literally impossible, unless you're Bill Gates. (or his money)

If all your going to say is 'your stupid' or 'impossible' DONT SAY IT. I asked if you could answer my question- Do you know anyone who does this? So if you don't have an answer don't post and waste my time. It is possible to make a custom CPU/GPU but it would cost a lot of money. I am willing to spend a maxiumum of 500 000 USD on a custom mobo cpu and gpu.

If all your going to say is 'your stupid' or 'impossible' DONT SAY IT. I asked if you could answer my question- Do you know anyone who does this? So if you don't have an answer don't post and waste my time. It is possible to make a custom CPU/GPU but it would cost a lot of money. I am willing to spend a maxiumum of 500 000 USD on a custom mobo cpu and gpu.

your still not going to get it.

It will cost millions, they need to create a machine, it can't be build by hand, they're going to build ONE machine for YOU to use ONCE

Its not going to happen. We know the answer to this. Its not something you can do. Quite frankly, No company will do it for you either. Maybe IBM, Unless your a multi-millionaire, its not going to happen. You need to think of all the prices, The machines, None of it can be built by hand. Nothing, Zip Zero, It will take a team of engineers to work on a motherboard, and another team to create the machine, The Labor costs, The dangers and possibilities that can go wrong. Intel won't make you a custom CPU for only you to use nor AMD. The things you want? Overkill Absolutely fucking overkill. http://www.intel.com/buy/us/en/product/components/intel-xeon-phi-coprocessor-7120a-16gb-1238-ghz-61-core-416010

Theres a nice Co-Processor that will suit ANYTHING server and extremely heavy processor based tasks you can throw at it. In theory its 64+GHz of processing power. Anything custom, your not going to get. Even with 500 grand. 

The development of a custom motherboard will probably cost more than your budget of $500,000 dollars. If I have the money, I would like a custom motherboard too, but not like the ridiculous idea you think off. For me, I want a Asus ROG board that can run dual Xeons, can it it be done? It's possible, as they do make server boards with dual sockets and ROG boards.

For cpus them Xeon E5 2699 v3 unlocked. All Intel probably had to do is just flip the switch and enable it.

2cftq8x.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

your still not going to get it.

It will cost millions, they need to create a machine, it can't be build by hand, they're going to build ONE machine for YOU to use ONCE

Its not going to happen. We know the answer to this. Its not something you can do. Quite frankly, No company will do it for you either. Maybe IBM, Unless your a multi-millionaire, its not going to happen. You need to think of all the prices, The machines, None of it can be built by hand. Nothing, Zip Zero, It will take a team of engineers to work on a motherboard, and another team to create the machine, The Labor costs, The dangers and possibilities that can go wrong. Intel won't make you a custom CPU for only you to use nor AMD. The things you want? Overkill Absolutely fucking overkill. http://www.intel.com/buy/us/en/product/components/intel-xeon-phi-coprocessor-7120a-16gb-1238-ghz-61-core-416010

Theres a nice Co-Processor that will suit ANYTHING server and extremely heavy processor based tasks you can throw at it. In theory its 64+GHz of processing power. Anything custom, your not going to get. Even with 500 grand. 

The development of a custom motherboard will probably cost more than your budget of $500,000 dollars. If I have the money, I would like a custom motherboard too, but not like the ridiculous idea you think off. For me, I want a Asus ROG board that can run dual Xeons, can it it be done? It's possible, as they do make server boards with dual sockets and ROG boards.

For cpus them Xeon E5 2699 v3 unlocked. All Intel probably had to do is just flip the switch and enable it.

Keep in mind I asked if ther was any company that sold separate chipsets,dimms, pcie slots etc... not asked if I could go up to a IBM and ask them to make a single mobo for me.

Do you even have hardware engineering skills to make and code your own motherboard? A giant team and money makes it possible.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

• 2 years later...

I’ve been doing the same research myself and seems there is a few people going through something similar. So far the only 2 companies I’ve heard of that might be willing to for that price and you’d get about 5,000 boards. But those two I’ve heard of are Soltek and AMI. Hope u can go farther than I can. I wanted to shrink almost all the parts of a pc and a cellphone into one super gaming tablet. Best of luck m8

Not possible. Here's why. The costs of developing a board and bios are huge, which couldn't be justified for individual boards. You also cannot build one, because manufacturing tolerances are  very tight. It's not a matter of putting everything on a board and wiring it. Manufacturers have to pay attention to the length of each wire, to the mm, in order to ensure signals arrive at the right time. Plus you need to develop a bios. 

Unless you are a software and electronic/electric  engineer with hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend ( and years of work), it's not doable. 

Short answer : there are no companies that do it. And 500k isn't remotely enough, even for the board alone. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

On 8/7/2015 at 2:05 AM, Alias Computer said:

Add another zero and then maybe an OEM would be willing to discuss a custom run of one of the those components.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB