Out of hard drive bays. Anything stopping me from just velcroing the SSD somewhere?

NickTheMajin

no, most people do that already.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

do et foooget

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Nope SSD's dont have any moving parts, so if you wanted to you could literally just throw a pile of them in the bottom of your case if you felt like it. Heat might be an issue in that case, but it would be relatively safe.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I ran out of drive bays in my home server, so my OS SSD is being held to the case by a cable management "spring" piece of metal. No issues almost a year later! haha

I assume no moving parts etc etc. would anything bad come of using zip ties or just Velcro?

Hey nickTheMajin,

I was going to make a Shia LaBeouf motivation joke but... yes, you can do it, but I'd be careful not to prevent proper airflow around the drive. Taping the drive might result in increasing the temperature that it's working at so I'd monitor itjust to be on the safe side. :) Other than that you shouldn't worry about the position that the drive will be in.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/