How was your Windows 10 upgrade experience?

D13H4RD

For me, it was (almost) flawless.

Aside from a hiccup with Windows Update while downloading Windows 10, the entire installation process went through smoothly (although lengthy) without a hitch.

I literally didn't do anything after initiating the upgrade. I just let it do what it needed to do and got myself a drink, snacks and watched some videos on my phone.

Once its done, it's really stable. I'm impressed so far.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Mine was perfectly smooth other than the fact that my apartment had a fucking power surge on my first go of installing it :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

ive done it on like 16 pcs already

clean installs after the upgrades to

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

For me, it was (almost) flawless.

Aside from a hiccup with Windows Update while downloading Windows 10, the entire installation process went through smoothly (although lengthy) without a hitch.

I literally didn't do anything after initiating the upgrade. I just let it do what it needed to do and got myself a drink, snacks and watched some videos on my phone.

Once its done, it's really stable. I'm impressed so far.

it decreased my gta from 60 to 30 fps and now i am sad

Besides throwing all my desktop icons all over the fucking place and deleting only CPU-Z for some reason, no issues.

Surface - Fine

PC - Had to do one of those factory reset things to purge it of Windows 7 programs that don't work with 10

Mine was horrible.

BUT I HAVE IT NOW!!!

Many long hours of saying YES!!! then 10 minutes latter repetitively saying FUCK!!!!

(and making people hate me because of my RAGE threads!!!!)

I had issues with indexing, drivers not being transferred correctly, and detecting the wrong refresh rate and resolution for my second monitor. I also hate how when you search for something in the start menu, there's no way to go back to apps view, without closing and re-opening the menu.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit using the ISO from Microsoft's site. Upgrade process went perfectly, except on first load to desktop, the Start Menu and taskbar completely refused to work until I restarted my PC (Windows key didn't work, right/left clicks gave no response).

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Nothing out of the normal, my experience is pretty much the same as with windows8.1 I guess I need to explore more. Also had a few bugs, e.g a bug when I try to go in the recording devices options

Had to go to Safe Mode to log in. That says it all. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Surface - Fine

PC - Had to do one of those factory reset things to purge it of Windows 7 programs that don't work with 10

Always remember upgrade then switch to clean...happens every single time

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Besides throwing all my desktop icons all over the fucking place and deleting only CPU-Z for some reason, no issues.

I did notice my CPU Z went as well but everything else was fine and loving it.

My Experience with windows 10 for the 2 days now has been brilliant I've had no problems. I am loving it and fast. I was a win 7 user.

I did it on 2 PCs.

I upgraded my main one and did a clean install on the other one.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Worked well for me. Didn't reserve a copy but was able to get the ISO. Took a while to figure out how to make a UEFI bootable thumb drive but after that everything just worked.

mine deleted cpu-z to haha weird

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |