My new rig, finally complete :)

Streamline

After running on an i5-760 for almost 4 years I decided to finally do an upgrade. Not much to say here, just that I went for the highend stuff this time. My last build had a 5770 as a first graphics card, which I later upgraded to a 7850. The only thing I regret about this build is that I spent so much money on the beautiful RAM, just to remove the heatsinks later to fit the CPU cooler. My old cooler allowed me to keep the heatsinks on the RAM, but the i7 did run a bit too hot, so I decided to upgrade.

Partlist:

- i7-4770k

- bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU cooler

- Asus Maximus VI Hero

- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8Gb (2x4) 1600Mhz

- EVGA GeForce GTX780 SC ACX

- Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb SSD

- A-Data XPG SX900 128Gb SSD

- WD Caviar Black 750Gb HDD

- WD Caviar Green 1TB HDD

- Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

- NZXT Switch 810

- XFX 750W Pro Black Edition

- Windows 8 hue

And the pictures :)

The Box
abBimMP.jpg

The Old

YYvzg88.jpg

The new - well. Almost all of it.

b0hd9yA.jpg

eM9k6iQ.jpg

suPjIQG.jpg

oH7lQZG.jpg

The rest of the new, finally checking in
wMI80lo.jpg

P0H4Gb0.jpg

Old vs. new

gHe8Fsx.jpg

My ikea-hue
hp2Gy4Q.jpg

Hidden cablemanagement - I tried
u944bSO.jpg

The guts
yhZUMY4.jpg

Closeup
3rMyLNh.jpg

And finally the station
aSlb5dr.jpg

Very, very nice job. I love your sleeving on your cables, not to mention the fact that I'm totally jealous of those specs.

Dat rig. I liek it a lot. I would love something like this including the hue effect in a Corsair Obsidian 350D

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

My face while looking at your build.  :o

I LOVE red and black my favorite 2 colors and my favorite color themed builds. Awesome PC man I really do like it.

Also You have the G510 as well as the G500 2 of my favorite peripherals. ^_^

If you allow me to I have one small tip to improve the look of your PC is to buy some red or black cable ties and zip tie together the cables going onto the back of the case. So all the PSU cables zip tied together and the front IO cables together and last the sleeved cabled from the GPU tied together.

That way they won't look all spread out everywhere and keeping it looking nice and tidy. Other than that that is a great looking build. :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Came out looking pretty nice, what LED strips are those?

Also, why two different SSDs?

Error: 410

Looks nice with the lighting. :)

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do lightning. Finally someone who uses white lightning to bring up the main color theme of their build.

I'm tired of people going with a themed build, for example black and red. And using red LED's that totally overpowers every color in the rig, making it look stupid.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

that looks GOOD. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Looks really nice and clean, nice choice of parts and that DR2 is a BEAST!

Just thought I would say NZXT just featured this on their facebook! 

Neat build buddy. I have a Q. What kind of LED are you using? thanks

CPU: i5 3570k @4.4Ghz 1.184v - MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - MEM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

GPU: EVGA GTX 560 - PSU: Corsair TX650v2 - Asus Sonar DG - Case: CM Storm Enforcer 

Cooler: Antec Kuhler 920 - HDD: WD Black 1TB - SSD: Crucial M4 64Gb (as cache)  B)

Came out looking pretty nice, what LED strips are those?

Also, why two different SSDs?

Those are the ikea multicolor LED strips as seen here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/

Two different SSDs because the Samsung 840 is new and solely for OS and productive software, while the AData is from my old rig and now holds all of my games. 

Neat build buddy. I have a Q. What kind of LED are you using? thanks

Those are the ikea multicolor LED strips as seen here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/

The white led's in the last photo looks so amazing :o

The Gpu is my favorite part of the build

One of the 1st non-refrence 780 builds posted to the forum

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Taken away from NZXT facebook, but your 2nd top fan is not spinning, most likely not connected? 

Love the build myself! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

The Gpu is my favorite part of the build

One of the 1st non-refrence 780 builds posted to the forum

I actually ordered the reference 780 first, but it was out of stock. After waiting for a week and looking up some performance differences between the reference cooled 780 and the ACX cooled 780 (ACX gains ~10% advantage from cooling due to GPU Boost 2.0) I decided to go for the ACX version instead, which I then received two days later :) Had to pay more money for it though. 

Taken away from NZXT facebook, but your 2nd top fan is not spinning, most likely not connected? 

Love the build myself! 

That is because it's the stock fan and all of my fans are connected to a fancontroller which has two main groups with four channels. Both groups can be completely shut off seperatly. On the first group I have four bequiet fans, which are always on on minimum RPM. The second group has two of the NZXT stock fans, but they're mostly off.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do lightning. Finally someone who uses white lightning to bring up the main color theme of their build.

I'm tired of people going with a themed build, for example black and red. And using red LED's that totally overpowers every color in the rig, making it look stupid.

I totally agree. I will be starting a similar build soon and at first I thought I'd buy some red LEDs but after seeing this White is definitely the way to go

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Are those AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Reference headphones? What have you got them plugged into?

Audio Setup---- Marten Django XL speakers: Conrad-Johnson LP125M power amp: Convergent Audio Technology SL1 Renaissance preamp: Clearaudio Ovation & Clarify turntable

Cable management looks great

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M