Urgent! File Removal Help!

Atomika

Hi, I need some help as I've got a trojan on my PC accidentally, A friend's steam account was hacked, a link was sent to me, I clicked it thinking it was him and an executable file was downloaded on my PC automatically without me being able to cancel it as it's so small. 

I've not opened it and AVG has detected it as a Trojan. I tried to use it to remove the file from my PC but still, no luck. 

As I said, I've not actually opened the file yet so surely, I'm fine for now?

Anyways, I need to remove it from my PC and using the good old delete button isn't cutting it, I'll include a screenshot below:

When I press delete, this happens: http://gyazo.com/11d45d698ee5f2293ec486eb66fd4396

When I press continue with Administrator permissions: http://gyazo.com/ee99fd09512e424dd1c6141fd8b4e0d1

I've also tried to remove it with CMD, Using the DEL command, Still the same problem, access denied as shown in the screenshot here: http://gyazo.com/9193cb7456e1ccd13f76165200d7beaf

As you can probably tell, I play Counter-Strike with friends as the file name is Trade Offers. He's been locked out of his account but is dealing with Steam Support. 

Any ways anyone has of removing a file without permission to do so? I've tried everything I can think of.

If you've got any other questions, I'll make sure to answer them, as I need this removing from my PC ASAP as I use it not only for gaming but for other things such as school work etc.

I've changed my libraries arounds as I've only got a 120GB SSD and I've got alot of files such as videos, pictures and documents, I've got them stored on my 1TB WD Black drive (Drive Letter E:\) The libraries are mapped to indivudual folders on the drive as shown: http://gyazo.com/3c3136d3e3b8d97d54e8b0965594fc2b

I'm also using Windows 10, that came out yesterday, Just incase this matters, the file was also downloaded yesterday AFTER I updated.

Thanks in advance!

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

I know this isn't helping the solution, but this is why you NEVER EVER click a link in a steam chat.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Try installing Spybot or Malwarebytes and remove the file or you can try restarting into safe mode

I'm going to download Malwarebytes and scan it now, I'll let you know of the results, I've also done the Malware thing @Brink2Three - the service isn't started because I've never opened the file.

I know this isn't helping the solution, but this is why you NEVER EVER click a link in a steam chat.

I never normally do, But I clicked it because my IRL friends send me links on steam sometimes when I'm ingame, but I didn't know his account had been hacked, I speak to them every day... -.- Oh well, I'll post results when Malwarebytes has completed.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Try deleting the file with malwarebytes file assassin or unlocker

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

You probably could use a OS on a separate HDD or SSD, boot to it and try to delete the file. Anyway, you shouldn't mess with this yourself even if you know a thing or two about computers. Let the guys at a computershop handle it...

You probably could use a OS on a separate HDD or SSD, boot to it and try to delete the file. Anyway, you probably shouldn't mess with this yourself even if you know a thing or two about computers. Let the guys at a computershop handle it.

Not being rude, But I never let a computer shop touch a computer I build. I'll fix it, I'm fine with my knowledge, I might try another OS, Such as Linux as I've got one on another HDD in a seperate media PC somewhere in the house. Thanks for the reply tho..

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Try deleting the file with malwarebytes file assassin or unlocker

Tried FileAssassin and Unlocker, I'm currently scanning with Malwarebytes to see if it'll remove it. I'll post updates as and when. Thanks for the reply.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Not being rude, But I never let a computer shop touch a computer I build. I'll fix it, I'm fine with my knowledge, I might try another OS, Such as Linux as I've got one on another HDD in a seperate media PC somewhere in the house. Thanks for the reply tho..

GeekSquad knows nothing 98.9% of the time. Most of the people that work there are Retail people that got a "Raise". Which really is upsetting. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

GeekSquad knows nothing 98.9% of the time. Most of the people that work there are Retail people that got a "Raise". Which really is upsetting. 

Tell me about it, I've usually got people that know nothing about computers or either just work there and offer you a new computer thinking yours is completely broken. You have to then send it back to have nothing done to it, for Mcafee to be put on the system and be charged like £50 for it. GG Computer shops.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

If you're out of options you can always install a fresh os but it would be pretty crappy retrieving files from the previous install and reinstalling software. This is why i let the computershop handle it, it's just got that convenience factor. Except i would probably do the same if i had a self build rig :D

Try installing Spybot or Malwarebytes and remove the file or you can try restarting into safe mode

I got anti malware and avg than this sort of shit will never happen.

CPU: I5 3570K@4.5 GHZ+h100 l MOBO Z77 pro4-m l GPU Evga gtx 970 sc RAM 8GB Vengance Corsair ram PSU 750 Watt Corsair Psu @Windows 10

I got anti malware and avg than this sort of shit will never happen.

I have this too, With a paid copy of AVG. Still happened.

Anyways, Malwarebytes finished scanning and found this: http://gyazo.com/7219a79e22cfc864ba4b265e5df5a3db

Removing both of them anyways but not the result I was hoping for, I'll go boot into safe-mode now and see if I can delete the file manually.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

I have this too, With a paid copy of AVG. Still happened.

Anyways, Malwarebytes finished scanning and found

this: http://gyazo.com/7219a79e22cfc864ba4b265e5df5a3db

Removing both of them anyways but not the result I was hoping for, I'll go boot into safe-mode now and see if I can delete the file manually.

Look avg is like a blocking wall for virusses and anti malware is the defender of that wall, so you will be damn secure but the only way now to get virusses is to let them throug yourself. But luck btw i had a virus once and it deleted half of my programs so next time take anti malware and avg or somewhat of that and such stupid things won,t happen again GL.

CPU: I5 3570K@4.5 GHZ+h100 l MOBO Z77 pro4-m l GPU Evga gtx 970 sc RAM 8GB Vengance Corsair ram PSU 750 Watt Corsair Psu @Windows 10

Look avg is like a blocking wall for virusses and anti malware is the defender of that wall, so you will be damn secure but the only way now to get virusses is to let them throug yourself. But luck btw i had a virus once and it deleted half of my programs so next time take anti malware and avg or somewhat of that and such stupid things won,t happen again GL.

Only ghetto get infected. Next time use this site to check it against 57 antivirus companies database.

Ok, Well I booted into safe-mode and removed the file, I don't know why I just didn't do that before, All clean now guys, Appreciate everyone's help and everyone who commented.

Thanks alot!

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Simple solution if nothing works, next time. Run system restore and go back to a day or so before you clicked on that link.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list