Windows deactivated itself, I have no clue how to fix this.

AlwaysFSX
Go to solution Solved by Johnny_Sav,

Hello, me too I got this problem. I've created an account on this site just to help those who wasn't able to solve this kind of problem. I've read about some solutions to solve this problem but they didn't work for me. I don't know if you were able to solve it or not but I was able to solve mine by uninstalling all the recent updates that was made. After removing those updates and restarting the PC, open your Microsoft Office and input your product key. If it doesn't work try uninstalling the microsoft office then reinstall it and proceed with the instructions. Let me know if this worked for you. 

Windows 8 Pro (64 bit)

Yeah..

post-1744-0-00377000-1438233627.jpg

post-1744-0-46492400-1438233631.jpg

This happened after installing update KB3058163 when I got back in to the desktop from restarting to apply it. My Google-fu abilities have turned up nothing, and I have no idea what to do other than reinstalling Windows which is a pain (I will throw you out the window if that's your first or only suggestion).

Refresh windows

When+you+ve+been+a+free+user+for+so+long

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/unable-to-activate-windows-8-error-code-0xc004f01f/9b2f70e1-6949-41c2-833a-7ca980acd3f0

Unable to activate Windows 8 error code: 0xC004F01F

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please be assured that we would do our best to assist you.

I suggest you to perform a Phone activation and check if it helps to activate. Refer to the thread answered by ‘Andre Da Costa’ on June 16, 2013 to perform the activation:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/windows-8-activation-issue/cd6c6f2d-f4d2-410a-bf02-7eb13b5eb186c

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I saw mention of this thing called KMSPico, don't know how legit it is.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I saw mention of this thing called KMSPico, don't know how legit it is.

That turns your legit windows into a not legit windows... so don't do it...

Refresh windows

384876_reaction-ok-okay-approved-ill-all

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/unable-to-activate-windows-8-error-code-0xc004f01f/9b2f70e1-6949-41c2-833a-7ca980acd3f0

Unable to activate Windows 8 error code: 0xC004F01F

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please be assured that we would do our best to assist you.

I suggest you to perform a Phone activation and check if it helps to activate. Refer to the thread answered by ‘Andre Da Costa’ on June 16, 2013 to perform the activation:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/windows-8-activation-issue/cd6c6f2d-f4d2-410a-bf02-7eb13b5eb186c

I refuse to call Microsoft, that's only ended in me throwing my phone across the house because of how shitty their call quality has always been.

That's fun..

I know, the website says "For educational purposes only"

it's a software crack, what am I supposed to be educated on

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I know, the website says "For educational purposes only"

it's a software crack, what am I supposed to be educated on

I know a few schools that use that so that they can get Windows on all their machines... Their tech department usually requests either an enterprise license or multiple home licenses but then the admin says faq it, let's buy one pro licesnse and not give them anything else... so the techs resort to this...

snip

Try placing your key into the software recovery thing on microsoft download the iso. Then boot into it and select repair and see if that helps.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Try placing your key into the software recovery thing on microsoft download the iso. Then boot into it and select repair and see if that helps.

That's going to take forever.

That's going to take forever.

hmmm but try the placing the key into the website just to see if the key is still valid still.

If not try a system restore or something

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

hmmm but try the placing the key into the website just to see if the key is still valid still.

If not try a system restore or something

When I try entering my key on Windows it says it's a valid key, and obviously it is because I installed Windows using it about a week ago. It's just now after that update that it broke my activation.

• 1 month later...

Hello, me too I got this problem. I've created an account on this site just to help those who wasn't able to solve this kind of problem. I've read about some solutions to solve this problem but they didn't work for me. I don't know if you were able to solve it or not but I was able to solve mine by uninstalling all the recent updates that was made. After removing those updates and restarting the PC, open your Microsoft Office and input your product key. If it doesn't work try uninstalling the microsoft office then reinstall it and proceed with the instructions. Let me know if this worked for you. 

I completely forgot I made this thread. Surprisingly after a week and a half I went back to trying to install updates and one of them fixed it. I have no clue which, or why it did but it did. Probably should have updated this.. damn memory. D:

Many thanks though, I could have used this advice when I originally had the problem! :)