FK YOU WINDOWS 10!

BUREIDEN

installed my gtx 960 drivers rebooted and windows 10 tried to install an older driver for me! which un-installs my current one! it just keeps doing it!!

UAYEGBt.png

whos fucking idea was it to let windows handle driver installations!? you should be fired!

Why can't a Cleric/Priest/Bishop help a beginner KoC? Cause he's No-bless...When I post something, the thread dies.OR I'm incredibly good at giving informations,
OR I'm a thread killer.
Prolly both.

This has been discussed all morning around here...

This is just post farming at this point -.-

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This should have been made more widely known by MS, I went back to 8.1 from the test versions about 2 weeks ago because of the Nvidia driver issues, sorry for your pain!

Now im worried, i've 960 as well. Not to mention Windows 10 is downloading EXTREMELY SLOW, not even using 20% of my network speeds :(

The rage, lolololol.

Dude it's launch night, calm your milk jugs.

Not only that but this is old news. Although i did not do an fresh install, just an upgrade and had no issues with the nvidia drivers.

Not only that but this is old news. Although i did not do an fresh install, just an upgrade and had no issues with the nvidia drivers.

Anything going wrong sometimes on launch is old news. People just seem to "forget" that little fact. Anyone one to remember what a broken mess XP and Vista were on launch?

Anything going wrong sometimes on launch is old news. People just seem to "forget" that little fact. Anyone one to remember what a broken mess XP and Vista were on launch?

XP was a broken mess until SP2. Anyone who is nostalgic for XP has forgotten what a steaming pile of wank it was before SP2.

No one wants to wait for their new shiny OS. They pay the price if they happen to be unlucky. I know personally its working great right now.

XP was a broken mess until SP2. Anyone who is nostalgic for XP has forgotten what a steaming pile of wank it was before SP2.

I loved when it crashed opening Explorer or opening the DVD tray. It was such a joke.

No one wants to wait for their new shiny OS. They pay the price if they happen to be unlucky. I know personally its working great right now.

If someone doesn't want to be patient and wait until things are ironed out they should sit down in the corner and keep their mouth shut from complaining because we allllllll know how bad launch can be. Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

If someone doesn't want to be patient and wait until things are ironed out they should sit down in the corner and keep their mouth shut from complaining because we allllllll know how bad launch can be. Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

Yup.

Launch is bad, kinks need worked out. Kinks will get worked out in plenty of time.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Found a solution! select differ updates in the update settings!

Why can't a Cleric/Priest/Bishop help a beginner KoC? Cause he's No-bless...When I post something, the thread dies.OR I'm incredibly good at giving informations,
OR I'm a thread killer.
Prolly both.

There is a way to disable this. I don't know how, but this might explain why I kept having issues with nvidia driver crashes on the pre-final version. 

Fuck booting Windows lol, use Linux and box your Microsoft shit in a VM

Saves resources fo sho, plus you don't have to kill the lights and put your PC in neutral when it inevitably freezes and crashes (linux doesn't have poor application resource managment, and ironically it's a monolithic kernel lolol)

What's the point of using Linux if you still need to use Windows to do anything useful?

:ph34r:

Web browsing, IRC, Skype, torrenting, SSH/FTP, note-taking, programming, word/data processing, and importantly my music all happens on Linux. The only thing that happens on Windows is pretty much Photoshop, Sony Vegas, a few old video games (e.g. RCT2), and finally ROM hacking software. Basically only stuff that doesn't work in Linux or WINE, and that's honestly how it should be for me. Windows takes up far too much resources for me not to put it on a leash tbh

I feel like the amount of resources it uses is pretty irrelevant if your system isn't a potato. I've done a few registry tweaks and disabled many useless services, my windows 8.1 was super lightweight.

Web browsing, IRC, Skype, torrenting, SSH/FTP, note-taking, programming, word/data processing, and importantly my music all happens on Linux. The only thing that happens on Windows is pretty much Photoshop, Sony Vegas, a few old video games (e.g. RCT2), and finally ROM hacking software. Basically only stuff that doesn't work in Linux or WINE, and that's honestly how it should be for me. Windows takes up far too much resources for me not to put it on a leash tbh

I've never noticed Windows being a serious performance hog doing all of those things, so I dunno about that. :P

OP has a gtx 960. He would not have any use for it if he had linux and ran old games with win virtual box. He's definetly not gonna be able to run dx11 games in vb.

All the more resources I'm not wasting on a bloated kernel with my Sandy Bridge Core i5 and 8GiB of RAM ahah

I can use all that extra beef to do things besides keep my computer running

Idk, personally, i don't feel like having the hassle of switching to a vm anytime i want to do any major things.

And I don't feel like having the hassle of scouring Google for thousands of undocumented registry "tweaks," because I have man and I have configuration files. :)

Just a few tweaks. Took me about 10 mins to set it up.

Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages. It depends what you use them for. I don't see myself runing Far Cry 4, GTA V, etc with linux anytime soon. And also, i am too lazy to use commands on linux distros to even install them let alone not use them with the interface.

We're not all gamers then are we

Yeah and you said "this is why you should use linux" on this topic even though you can clearly see that op has a gaming gpu.

He's not really talking about his GPU here, is he? No, he's complaining about Windows causing him rather embarrassing driver issues with his GPU. That's totally to do with the OS and is reflected by most of the replies talking about a "bad launch." Nice try tho

He found a fix. a really simple one too. Ticking a box. HUGE PROBLEM, WINDOWS IS AWFUL, dank meme.

This has been discussed all morning around here...

This is just post farming at this point -.-

Errors are now post farming... hoorah.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.