People who just upgraded to Win10, is this the option menu users will experience?

Spoonfull

SSWkKwn.png

Ive been seeing this all over Reddit, I just want to confirm that its legit and PCMR isnt being trolled by /g/ again.

For those who went for the clean install, did you need to use your product key?

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

Never saw that during the transition.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

fake. never saw that. if you upgrade from an existing os it keeps your files by default then once in 10 you can do a clean install and would probly see that pop up.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

fake. never saw that. if you upgrade from an existing os it keeps your files by default then once in 10 you can do a clean install and would probly see that pop up.

Idk, did you upgrade from an insider/preview build?

People who are upgrading from 7/8.1 are telling me it gave them that option menu.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

People who are upgrading from 7/8.1 are telling me it gave them that option menu.

You're forcing the update like a few people. Probably saw the reddit post or the one i posted im guessing. That's the same screen i have at the moment. 

I can upgrade and report back if you need but it should be fine?

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

You're forcing the update like a few people. Probably saw the reddit post or the one i posted im guessing. That's the same screen i have at the moment. 

I can upgrade and report back if you need but it should be fine?

Im sorry, can you rephrase that for me?

I havent done anything. You are seeing that menu option?

I found this in the mini news thread:

71d5cc4492.png

Im sorry, can you rephrase that for me?

I havent done anything. You are seeing that menu option?

I found this in the mini news thread:

71d5cc4492.png

You're using the ISO download and upgrading from Microsoft's website instead of allowing Windows Update to install it for you.

Some others have done this too including myself.

Mine's installing now. However once mines done i'm thinking of wiping it and doing a fresh install just for a cleaner SSD.

However i did get that screen, i dont think it appears on the Windows Update section. That's why all the people who upgraded that way don't know about this window/screenshot.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

You're using the ISO download and upgrading from Microsoft's website instead of allowing Windows Update to install it for you.

Some others have done this too including myself.

Mine's installing now. However once mines done i'm thinking of wiping it and doing a fresh install just for a cleaner SSD.

However i did get that screen, i dont think it appears on the Windows Update section. That's why all the people who upgraded that way don't know about this window/screenshot.

When you are done, please report back and tell me if you need a product key! It would be really helpful. I havent started any upgrade at all.

Nope i had preview a month ago. was broken, went back to 7. updated from that.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

When you are done, please report back and tell me if you need a product key! It would be really helpful. I havent started any upgrade at all.

Upgrade goes straight through however im having an application cause an crash in the OS. I havent figured out what yet but it's either Rivertuned, Afterburner or iCore Temp.

Update: I used Microsofts Windows Reservation Application to Upgrade and the OS is working flawlessly. Its so sexy. Using Edge right now. I restarted immediately and my nvidia drivers were back up to date, resolution was back at 1080, im going to create some boot media, and im not sure how to do so.

You can skip the product key during a factory reset! Although Ill just recover my new windows product key.

That's the screen from installing the tech preview from what I remember