MSI Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition

The MSI M7 Looks better to me. I'm not into all these silver and white designs though. It's all red and black or purple and black but you don't see purple motherboards along with purple well anything very often.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

But why

It was the same with USB 3.0. The internal header hasn't been standardized yet (I assume), and therefore any case with USB 3.1 will just use a USB header for the internal header until a standardized connector has been decided upon. Why it takes so long for a standardized header (especially one has shitty has USB 3.0) is beyond me.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

That's pretty damn nice! The OC buttons seems to be on its own small PCB on the top right corner. All those M.2. So glorious.

Couple of NVMe drives would occupy those nicely :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Makes beautiful white/silver and black motherboard.

Colors their gaming GPUs red and black.

Dammit, MSI, pick a color scheme!

I remember seeing a few sexy black and white 970s and 960s from MSI in a local computer store, not sure if they have 980 or 980ti of those though.

Couple of NVMe drives would occupy those nicely :)

I thought NVMe is only over U.2 not M.2 

I thought NVMe is only over U.2 not M.2 

It's just one giant clusterfuck of connectors really... Well, not exactly giant but still...

There's a PCIe one and there's a U.2 one.

You can get M.2 adapters but they're intended to be used with 32Gb/s M.2 slots (gen 3?).

It's just one giant clusterfuck of connectors really... Well, not exactly giant but still...

You can get M.2 adapters but they're intended to be used with 32Gb/s M.2 slots (gen 3?).

When there is no standard new forms so be ready for more to come

Both the U.2 and the M.2 use the PCI-e.  I think U.2 is NVMe ONLY whereas M.2 could be NVMe or AHCI (and SATA Express or PCI-e thought sata express is going to die)

Still can't really figure out the real difference between U.2 and M.2 though