980 ti brand recommendation

danielhowk

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

All you peasant asus, evga and other brand. Get a real GPU. Take the MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning. Its the best you can get!

I would agree, the best looking 980ti right now is the MSI lightning. Some draw backs though, It has a yellow strip going down the side facing the case window and it's $800 i think.  But one thing I do disagree is that EVGA, ZOTAC, and GIGABYTE are all good brands.  There is no 'one brand to rule them all'

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

I would agree, the best looking 980ti right now is the MSI lightning. Some draw backs though, It has a yellow strip going down the side facing the case window and it's $800 i think.  But one thing I do disagree is that EVGA, ZOTAC, and GIGABYTE are all good brands.  There is no 'one brand to rule them all'

The biggest draw back in my opinion is that fact that the card is made by MSI, MSI have some of the worst customer service i have yet experienced, i am looking at a 980 ti myself and so far my top 2 is EVGA 980 ti SC+ or the Gigabyte G1 980 ti, still not sure which one to get, leaning towards the EVGA with their well known customer service and extended warranty, then again, i have no idea how good the Gigabyte support is.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

The biggest draw back in my opinion is that fact that the card is made by MSI, MSI have some of the worst customer service i have yet experienced, i am looking at a 980 ti myself and so far my top 2 is EVGA 980 ti SC+ or the Gigabyte G1 980 ti, still not sure which one to get, leaning towards the EVGA with their well known customer service and extended warranty, then again, i have no idea how good the Gigabyte support is.

I would recommend EVGA

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

I'll second EVGA.  Great customer service.  Their best 980Tis all ended up going out as Kingpin's but their SC+ is still a very solid performer. 

I'll second EVGA.  Great customer service.  Their best 980Tis all ended up going out as Kingpin's but their SC+ is still a very solid performer. 

The Kingpin is pretty overkill, but yeah i did hear they brand their best ones with Kingpin, then again, when it comes to overclocking and all that, it still seems to be luck fo the draw :)

I haven't read the comments.

I think Zotacs cards are the loudest. 

I think Gigabyte is superior because of temps. https://youtu.be/Ew_gQGhS6lc?t=8m25s

Edit: I prefer MSI myself.

We talk about the 980Ti here.

My Zotac is quiet.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

i was just kidding. It is because i never used other brand than MSi. I know these brand are good but i just like MSi.

Get the cheaper one

or the one you like the look of the most!

Nah EVGA for the warranty. MSI is pretty bad for that compared to EVGA. I like my (basically 980 Ti) EVGA ACX 2.0 Titan X a lot and it is really quiet. 

Gigabyte support is just below utter trash. Takes days for a response. I don't think that I'll ever be able to buy a product that's not from EVGA in the future. Zotac customer service isn't bad, though. 

Gigabyte support is just below utter trash. Takes days for a response. I don't think that I'll ever be able to buy a product that's not from EVGA in the future. Zotac customer service isn't bad, though. 

Never had a Zotac product, but EVGA seems to be the way to go, sadly here in Denmark EVGA is quite a bit overpriced vs for example MSI and ASUS, kinda annoying.

Never had a Zotac product, but EVGA seems to be the way to go, sadly here in Denmark EVGA is quite a bit overpriced vs for example MSI and ASUS, kinda annoying.

That sucks. 

I bought the g1 a few days ago and its all fine, minimal coil whine and that stuff but holy shit gigabyte's quality control is bad.

The lighting on the windforce logo isnt uniform, some discoloration on the edges, the fan cables are showing way too much and i had to hide them on my own and the solder points on the heatsinks is meh.

Exact same issue on my brothers 970 g1 gaming. Might return my g1 980ti for another brand, but it was the cheapest on amazon so i dont know yet

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883