980 ti brand recommendation

danielhowk

I have a G1 Gaming 970 and I don't hear any coil whine what so ever.

Specific G1 980Ti.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

10 different people will give you 10 different answers.

Get the cheaper one
or the one you like the look of the most!

Probably the best advice :)

I like my G1, it does have some coil whine tho. But I like the way it looks and its compactness / performance.
Recent reviews seem to redeem the Asus Strix card, so if the size doesn't bother you then that ones a looker.
The Zotacs are clean looking but have fat coolers so watch out if you're going SLI.
I personally don't like the MSI, it looks cheap in my opinion. Hopefully the lightning will look better.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Yeah everyone have different opinions to which is the best brand in terms of build in quality

i guess Zotac , EvGA and msi builds are the top ?

That's the one I was waiting for, how long do you think it'll take for it to restock?

Don't know sorry, a quick Google search will tell you more.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

i guess Zotac , EvGA and msi builds are the top ? for the gtx 980ti

I have had the Zotac 980 Ti Amp Extreme and absolutely love it!  By many ratings it out preforms the Titan X in terms of frame rate!  I would recommend the card to anyone, but most people still don't like Zotac from their past.  

I just built a rig capable of running Crysis 3 at ultra at least 60 FPS, all to continue playing League of Legends...

zotac is more for the overclocking ?

It is a factory overclock that basically beats the Titan X, and yes I have had success overclocking it pretty hard

I just built a rig capable of running Crysis 3 at ultra at least 60 FPS, all to continue playing League of Legends...

I have had the Zotac 980 Ti Amp Extreme and absolutely love it!  By many ratings it out preforms the Titan X in terms of frame rate!  I would recommend the card to anyone, but most people still don't like Zotac from their past.  

Yeah i heard zotac didnt do very well in the past, but recently it seems their Zotac gtx are doing well in terms of build and overclocking . i might be wrong though

Yeah i heard zotac didnt do very well in the past, but recently it seems their Zotac gtx are doing well in terms of build and overclocking . i might be wrong though

That true, they didn't have the best reputation up until recently.  But from everything I've seen, even the sites that gave their previous products awful reviews, those doing reviews of this line think that it is a huge success.

That true, they didn't have the best reputation up until recently.  But from everything I've seen, even the sites that gave their previous products awful reviews, those doing reviews of this line think that it is a huge success.

Cant decide between msi or zotac. 

what do u guys think ?

what do u guys think ?

what do u guys think ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

G1 gaming all day everyday.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

It really shouldn't matter, Zotac is good now, MSI is coming out with the Lightning variant of the 980ti, so that may be something to look for, although probably a lot more expensive.

At this point, you should really be looking at customer service, but I have had no instances of talking to either companies as I mostly just deal with ASUS and EVGA.

Zotac have better overclock but it louder than msi Gaming 6g right ?

and msi overclock isnt as good as zotac amp extreme but quieter ?

EVGA is the only GPU brand I will mess with anymore.   Their support is second to none and since I do Liquid cooling they are a no brainer.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

The K|NGP|N cards tend to be best in class.   They are specifically binned and tested. 

While not completely accurate, think of them as hand made vs. production line cards.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

From my experience i would take Gigabyte one with Windforce cooling on It.

I had Palit jetstream once (GTX680) and it had the worst cooling ever, weird noises after few months of using.

now my both 780 and 980 were from Gigabyte windforce, and they look nice, they are very quiet, basically no noise on idle and overclocking is very nice as well even if they already factory overclocked, only downside is they tend to be a bit pricy but my next card will be definitely Gigabyte.

But if you just want a card ready to go, and you do not mind bit of noise than i would go for reference one, or find a cheap Asus, Zotac

Asus Strix & Gigabyte G1 are the top 2, with the MSI & the EVGA(version with backplate) coming in a close 2nd.  I don't trust Zotac as I had one of their older cards up and quit on me after only 6 months.